Are we there, yet?

Here's how you get worse....

Oct 2016

first half - 1:43:46

second - 1:43:16

Nov 2016

first half - 1:50:59

second - 2:21:58

Or like this (unfortunately have to estimate splits since they came at odd points and I've lost the my records anyway)

April 1970

first half - 1:29:00

second - 1:30:50

final 2:59:50

May 1970

first half - 1:22:20

second - 1:59:32
    final 3:21:52

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

I would be elated with a 3:23 marathon

This time maybe, maybe not, but soon enough.

Dave

sdWhiskers

6.8 miles in the winds from hell. I ran at lunchtime because I'm working from home today. Why? because I had to let in the plumber to find the exact location of the leak in our slab. Apparently this is a thing in homes around here. All the pipes are just buried in the concrete foundation; cheaper and easier during the building process. UNTIL there's a leak. Which there will be at some point. Sounds like we can't get things fixed until later this week. No worries, it's not like I'm running 6 days a week and it's our coldest week of the year. I don't need a hot shower.

My first marathon was 6 weeks ago in 4:38. I had a 28 minute positive split LOL

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, ugh, that sounds awful with the pipes buried in the slab. We had the fun of replacing the outside water line in the spring, to the tune of $7000 total. The plastic stuff used when they built the houses has a lifespan of roughly 20-30 years, pretty much everyone in the neighborhood has been in on the fun. Luckily DH was working from home for the big dig. They did a good job, we only had to replace 1 small section of the driveway.

Yo runners.  I have run.  3.5 Saturday, 20 Sunday, 6.5 this morning.

This week starts The Taper.  I can't even.

Docket, hope it went well.  Is this angio while he's awake to test brain function, or is this something else entirely?  Either way, good thoughts, prayers, vibes, and virtual martinis.

DavePNW

The Taper. 

Actually I've come to love the taper. It used to stress me out, but it seems my training tends to peak right when it feels like my body is about to break into a million pieces; then sweet glorious taper arrives just in time.

Dave

Cyberic

I love tapering too. As much as I love running, and don't like to skip days, marathon training is exhausting and when taper comes, I'm really glad.

onemile, what’s dry needling?

Runshortii, great six-miler. You’ll get there.

sdWhiskers, bravo braving those awful winds and doing six miles. I hope that the leak is fixed ASAP.

LawyerMom17, great runs.

7.0 miles in 1:02:33. 9:08 pace. I feel great.

I hope that I don’t become a raging b**** when I can’t run for the month or so after my surgery. While I’ll be thrilled to have the bloody dictator deposed, not being as physically active will be emotionally difficult to handle.

LRB

I went 1:51:34 and 1:58:37 for a 3:50:11 first marathon run in my second year in this ridiculous hobby. It was 60 at the start and 74 at the finish and I wore knee length shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

Time and perspective can be a trip as I could not imagine running a June marathon dressed like that in my wildest dreams. But back then, I was all about it.

sdWhiskers

sdWhiskers, ugh, that sounds awful with the pipes buried in the slab. We had the fun of replacing the outside water line in the spring, to the tune of $7000 total. The plastic stuff used when they built the houses has a lifespan of roughly 20-30 years, pretty much everyone in the neighborhood has been in on the fun. Luckily DH was working from home for the big dig. They did a good job, we only had to replace 1 small section of the driveway.

Sigh. I fear this is what the inside of our house will look like.

DavePNW

I went 1:51:34 and 1:58:37 for a 3:50:11 first marathon run in my second year in this ridiculous hobby. It was 60 at the start and 74 at the finish and I wore knee length shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

Time and perspective can be a trip as I could not imagine running a June marathon dressed like that in my wildest dreams. But back then, I was all about it.

Heh, well I still do that.

Dave

onemile

Not too bad, especially in those temps

onemile

onemile, what’s dry needling?

Some voodoo science that involves hitting trigger points with needles to get the muscles to relax... sort of similar to acupuncture needles

onemile

RunningonSand, big congrats on your half marathon over the weekend! you should write a race report.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Or like this (unfortunately have to estimate splits since they came at odd points and I've lost the my records anyway)

April 1970

first half - 1:29:00

second - 1:30:50

final 2:59:50

May 1970

first half - 1:22:20

second - 1:59:32
                                final 3:21:52

Wow you were fast.  Nearly 7 min faster on that first half of the second race.  Guess the second half was inevitable.  And all this well before fancy GPS watches, pace calculators, etc.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours