Beginners and Beyond

The day after yesterday Dailies #131 (Read 21 times)

2.5 dirt bumps, work day.  I’m normally off work Tuesdays, going to be a cockamamie minimalism week.

Wednesday  work; Thursday off but taking oldest sis to great falls then air and space museum at the hanger at Dulles; Friday work; Saturday have to do wife walk,!then Sunday work

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have PT and 5 miles so likely will run to PT and back after work. Training the chapter 7 trustees today and tomorrow.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning.  Let's show some hustle, people.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 miles with strides. Haven't done those in forever.

Prior to the pandemic, I had almost no work swag, just a shirt or two and some pens. In the past year, I now have most things you can think of: mugs, water bottles, herb garden, picnic blanket, cooler, etc and as of yesterday, a kimono 

GinnyinPA

Daffy - when we lived near DC, I used to enjoy doing the Billy Goat trails at Great Falls combined with the C&O. Is your sister visiting from out of state?

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.8 miles.

sdWhiskers, I'm trying to picture the company logo herb garden. I assume the pot has the logo on it?

Daffy - when we lived near DC, I used to enjoy doing the Billy Goat trails at Great Falls combined with the C&O. Is your sister visiting from out of state?

From Sugarloaf Maine; came down Saturday and my wife and her went to the outer banks Sunday... coming back to norther va Wednesday

sdWhiskers

sdWhiskers, I'm trying to picture the company logo herb garden. I assume the pot has the logo on it?

It came as 3 pots (with the company logo on each), soil and seeds. All the swag prior to this week has been shipped to our houses by HR.

Cyberic

Ran 10 with a new occasionnal RP.

4 miles with strides. Haven't done those in forever.

Prior to the pandemic, I had almost no work swag, just a shirt or two and some pens. In the past year, I now have most things you can think of: mugs, water bottles, herb garden, picnic blanket, cooler, etc and as of yesterday, a kimono 

My issue when I take a long layoff from strides is that I forget that I'm doing them. Like, I start them, but then after a few, the recovery just keeps going and it's a while before I remember I need to be starting a new one.

Sort of the opposite on company swag for me, although I had no pre-pandemic with my current company. They seem to be pretty big on it, but with no in-person team meetings or customer events or trade shows, not much stuff gets handed out. The first things I got of course were a couple of company-logo masks they mailed out to everyone. I did have a jacket given to me on my first trip to our TX plant, by a guy who didn't want his. He also gave me a travel coffee mug, which would be perfect if I were commuting or actually driving anywhere. And at Christmastime they let you pick a gift from a list of various items,; I went a pretty nice company-logo half-zip pullover. Sadly no kimono was available.

14 miles today, the old marathon training standard midweek MLR. Although 4 weeks out, this is the first one I've done.  It's been a rather haphazard cycle. It felt pretty good today, just long.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Sort of the opposite on company sway for me, although I had no pre-pandemic with my current company. They seem to be pretty big on it, but with no in-person team meetings or customer events or trade shows, not much stuff gets handed out. The first things I got of course were a couple of company-logo masks they mailed out to everyone. I did have a jacket given to me on my first trip to our TX plant, by a guy who didn't want his. He also gave me a travel coffee mug, which would be perfect if I were commuting or actually driving anywhere. And at Christmastime they let you pick a gift from a list of various items,; I went a pretty nice company-logo half-zip pullover. Sadly no kimono was available.

I'm sure if I was on the sales/marketing side of things, I'd be swimming in swag. Several years ago, a few scientists went to the local university to do a recruitment program for undergrads and HR brought out this giant box of swag--I was like how do I not have any of this stuff!!

sdWhiskers

14 miles today, the old marathon training standard midweek MLR. Although 4 weeks out, this is the first one I've done.  It's been a rather haphazard cycle. It felt pretty good today, just long.

Also, that's not something I've done before. Impressive!

Cyberic

I'm sure if I was on the sales/marketing side of things, I'd be swimming in swag. Several years ago, a few scientists went to the local university to do a recruitment program for undergrads and HR brought out this giant box of swag--I was like how do I not have any of this stuff!!

I'm really not into swag. When I (used to) go to Microsoft conferences, my colleagues always come back with tons of swag. Not me. When my kids were young, I would being back stuff for them, but that's it. It's the same when I go to marathon expos, I get my bib and get out of there.

A couple of years ago I entered a team triathlon with colleagues, and there was a big bag of swag for the team. I let them split it all between them two. I think I kept one thing, and I never used it.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My company isn't into swag, but we all got some extra sick time this year that they hope we'll use to get vaccinated and for dealing with the side effects.

7 miles easy running for me, with no particular route in mind when I set out.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We have swag but we have to buy our own when we go to our training facility in SC. I love their hoodies and jackets but it's a buzz killer when I walk into a place to pick up lunch with a DOJ logo. It tends to scare people.

Coincidentally I'm wearing my DOJ hoodie now. LOL.

Damaris