Beginners and Beyond

FriDailies (Read 18 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Heading into my last 3-day weekend until the end of May.   I ran 7 with 4 at HM pace.  I'm feeling some improvement as I was able to run near target pace but still with more effort than it should require.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7. My full week of WFH is at an end, boo.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles.

Fred, I tend to take President's Day as a 3 day weekend.  The school staff have off (state reg no school that day), but it was removed as a holiday many years ago because other area hospitals didn't offer it

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

3.5 miles.

Fred, I tend to take President's Day as a 3 day weekend.  The school staff have off (state reg no school that day), but it was removed as a holiday many years ago because other area hospitals didn't offer it

I've lost so many holidays over the years.  When I started working many years ago and at at different company, holidays included Good Friday, Columbus Day, Election Day, and Veterans Day.  MLK Day replaced Washington's B'day and we replaced Lincoln's B'day with President's Day, which we then lost (though there are plenty of presidents I feel absolutely no need to honor).  We did get Juneteenth as a new one recently, so perhaps the pendulum is swinging back a bit.

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning, friends.  It is Friday the 13th.  Try not to die today.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 miles before The Rain. We have MLK day off, last year was the first for that in my 10+ years at my company. Rather than keep track of which holidays should or should not be celebrated (like Columbus day), they started giving us an extra 3 flex days of PTO for whatever. The downside is that holidays are best when the whole site is shut down so minimal emails.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

4 miles before The Rain. We have MLK day off, last year was the first for that in my 10+ years at my company. Rather than keep track of which holidays should or should not be celebrated (like Columbus day), they started giving us an extra 3 flex days of PTO for whatever. The downside is that holidays are best when the whole site is shut down so minimal emails.

Yes!

sdWhiskers

It's actually the year anniversary of the crazy Covid shit with my dad  But tbh, it's all sucky so doesn't really matter if it's been 1 year +/- a few weeks.

Workday warmup: 2.5 on sidewalk of modest hill, then roll leg with:

1. Foam roller with rope bump, up and down the leg.  This does well for the seams but not rolling sideways….Then…

2. ‘GAIAM BACK ROLLER’ that I used under the leg to roll sideways left and right.  This is new for me; I set/sit on it

DavePNW

We have MLK day off, last year was the first for that in my 10+ years at my company professional career. 

This. Though we have a big company-wide sales meeting in Las Vegas next week starting Tuesday, and I have to travel on Monday. At least i got an evening flight.

6 miles starting in the rain, although it let up later in the run. My light died early on, which is not a big problem for most of my route, but there are a few dark sections where I couldn't tell where I was stepping. Which is always unnerving. Fortunately the Noxgear was fine, so I could be seen; I like the red-flashy-mode warning, that lasts for a pretty long time.

Dave

sdWhiskers

No word about my HM being cancelled on Sunday yet but I bet there's a chance. Depends on how widespread the flooding is, I guess. RP is running also and has offered to drive us so I'm losing my excuses to skip it   Usually I'd race in my newest shoe but I'm thinking I'll run in a decently old pair because they may be destroyed. The high on Sun is 59F and the low is 51F...so at least not the freezing rain bullshit that Dave gets. And funny that it's only an 8 degree difference.

DavePNW

I don’t think shoes get destroyed in the rain, do they? If so, all my shoes are destroyed, lol. They just get wet and dry out. 🤷‍♂️

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I don’t think shoes get destroyed in the rain, do they? If so, all my shoes are destroyed, lol. They just get wet and dry out. 🤷‍♂️

If there's mud or dirt on the roads, they'll get messy real quick.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's actually the year anniversary of the crazy Covid shit with my dad  But tbh, it's all sucky so doesn't really matter if it's been 1 year +/- a few weeks.

Hugs. It’s gonna be 2 years in April for my dad. Miss him so much.

Damaris

DavePNW

A couple weeks ago was 2 years for my dad. Hard to believe.

Dave