Beginners and Beyond

TuesDailies at the Track Again (Read 22 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Track day. 8 x 600m at not quite 5k pace with 400m recoveries. My RP joined me again, which was nice. It was also nice that the weather was almost 10º cooler than last week. I missed my target on only 1 of the 8 (a miss being more than 1 second off). The graph of my pace shows my rest intervals got steadily slower as the workout progressed, which is no surprise. 8.3 miles total.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 8 at some point.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Tuesday!!  New Dog tore her dewclaw and now will be coned for the next two days.  Poor pooch. 

Track day. 

+1, but 8 miles easy.  I was running in lane eight, as I like to do, and there was a lady running in lane one in the opposite direction, which is fine.  She was working.  Then an older guy showed up, also hopped into lane one, and started his slow jog.  The whole rest of the friggin track was open but he had to hop into lane one and JOG, and just get in her way.  The fuck.  He was standing around stretching and watching before he started, so it's not like he didn't see her there.  Anyway, I've got a bike workout later too.

<3

4 flat
          1 Roadcrown Hill, time to start picking at roadcrown 
          2.89, mostly dirt bumps with .6 roadcrown …was supposed to be to be 3 but tried to take a sip of water, tripped on a rock and down i went 😡😛

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

4 flat
            1 Roadcrown Hill, time to start picking at roadcrown 
            2.89, mostly dirt bumps with .6 roadcrown …was supposed to be to be 3 but tried to take a sip of water, tripped on a rock and down i went 😡😛

Ouch.  Are you OK?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

onemile

I am in the office today for the first time in ~15 months 

LRB

Wow. I've been back for 13 months, albeit part time. We're slated for a full "return to normal" August 1st. Blerg.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 8 x200 not on a track but on the school parking lot.

Ouch.  Are you OK?

Right side ribs a bit sore… but this the right week for it as Thurs is my monthly morning work meeting on my off day so that limits what I would run any. 

I’ll see how pool run does this afternoon

6 miles.

Thoughts and prayers.

Do you notice a difference, like people dressing more casually or men with more facial hair? More personal interactions because people were starved for it and they’re catching up, or less because people got used to working solo? Does every conversation start with some variation of “how weird is this?”

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Thoughts and prayers.

Do you notice a difference, like people dressing more casually or men with more facial hair? More personal interactions because people were starved for it and they’re catching up, or less because people got used to working solo? Does every conversation start with some variation of “how weird is this?”

Not onemile, but our dress code got relaxed when in person instruction started. We can now wear jeans every day. It used to be on Fridays only and on Wednesdays if you had purchased that year's 5k shirt. I haven't seen if we go back to business casual July 1. I hope not. It's so easy to throw on jeans and a work logo t-shirt.

onemile

Not onemile, but our dress code got relaxed when in person instruction started. We can now wear jeans every day. 

Same but just for the summer. I declined and am wearing a dress.

So far I have not done much besides chat with people and take a tour of the office (we had a major remodel while we were out).  I was surprised to see a lot of people are wearing masks in the office (which is not required anymore)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Companies always use the casual Friday dress code as a way to keep people "happy". My boss in Miami used to do that whenever we were pissed at his controlling ways. Like oh, they can't telework this week because I'm a controlling freak that took it away, I will announce we can dress casual every day and they will love me again. 

Damaris

Cyberic

Meanwhile, they just announced that the Montreal Marathon will not happen. Why? they can't trust the government will permit such a big event to be held (they did not say it in those words). I understand the organizers.

I think Canada and Australia are the two most cautious countries in the world. By the fall 75% of the adult population (and probably 14 and up) will have been fully vaxed, two doses, and there will still be rules about how many people from how many houses are allowed to see each other. Right now, we had some slack yesterday, we can now be up to a group of 8 people OUTSIDE from 3 different households. Woohoo!! Are our Covid numbers low? You bet they are!

But what's the point of having money and being healthy if we can't go to restaurants (ok, they have opened up yesterday with masks and other measures like max capacity and all), can't go see shows (there are 2500 people allowed in the Bell Center for the Montreal Canadiens games, and there were less than that allowed in other arenas in Canada), we can't travel? What's the point? There aren't any arguments left.

I think I'll start taking happy pills and not care about stuff anymore.

Rant over.

onemile

Meanwhile, they just announced that the Montreal Marathon will not happen. Why? they can't trust the government will permit such a big event to be held (they did not say it in those words). I understand the organizers.

I think Canada and Australia are the two most cautious countries in the world. By the fall 75% of the adult population (and probably 14 and up) will have been fully vaxed, two doses, and there will still be rules about how many people from how many houses are allowed to see each other. Right now, we had some slack yesterday, we can now be up to a group of 8 people OUTSIDE from 3 different households. Woohoo!! Are our Covid numbers low? You bet they are!

But what's the point of having money and being healthy if we can't go to restaurants (ok, they have opened up yesterday with masks and other measures like max capacity and all), can't go see shows (there are 2500 people allowed in the Bell Center for the Montreal Canadiens games, and there were less than that allowed in other arenas in Canada), we can't travel? What's the point? There aren't any arguments left.

I think I'll start taking happy pills and not care about stuff anymore.

Rant over.

Wowww. That sucks. Honestly in Wisconsin life is pretty close to back to normal. I ran an 8k race last Saturday night and nobody wore a mask and it felt completely like normal times.