Beginners and Beyond

The other RnR Montreal RR (Read 57 times)

Cyberic

The good news is that you got an awesome picture with Cy.  I agree with Lily, you guys do look like rock stars.

And not only isn't Damaris here anymore to make me look good, I also ditched the shirt. Oh well, at least there is that pic to immortalise that moment!

LRB

It's tough when your heart rate can throw a wrench into your training plans completely unbeknownst to you. Even if it had no actual effect, seeing the numbers escalate cannot be good for ones psyche. It's essentially the same as seeing your pace drop.

Thankfully in the grand scheme of things, bad training runs mean about as much as good ones do, nothing. While good ones are nice, they are not indicative of race day success. You still gotta race.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

If you hurl and finish the race, you win.  It is known.

Runner with a riding problem.

music_girl117

Awww, I'm sorry you felt so bad.  Best of luck in Chicago!!

Also your outfit is awesome!

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

GinnyinPA

Running on tired legs and sick, no wonder you didn't do as well as you'd hoped. Chicago will be much better.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, guys.  For a race that wasn't a race, it sure did shake my confidence too much.  Ha.

Damaris

LRB

Thanks, guys.  For a race that wasn't a race, it sure did shake my confidence too much.  Ha.

That's normal, we're a fragile lot us runners.

What say you of the event itself? I hear a lot of stuff about RnR events and most of it not good.

workinprogress11

Try not to let it mess up your head.  I think any race that involves puking shouldn't count. Just keep doing what you've been doing and the hard work should pay off.

Great at job toughing it out, though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's normal, we're a fragile lot us runners.

What say you of the event itself? I hear a lot of stuff about RnR events and most of it not good.

We do around three RnR a year. They are always well organized and with nice bands through the course. This event was as well.

Damaris

Sorry it went poorly, D. Hopefully Chicago Will be better for you.

Sorry you had a bad race, but it sounds like you had a lot of things not working in your favor.  Don't let it shake your confidence for Chicago.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sorry it didn't go well. I'm impressed you were able to run 4 miles after puking.