Beginners and Beyond

.3 SunDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 6 acceptable miles in windy darkness.  That gets me 38 for the week, and none of the running parts are whining.

Getting hurt and missing a month of running sucks, but the comeback almost makes it a fair deal.  Almost.

Have a great day folks!

You too are back! Cool

LRB

I'm sure this has been discussed many times - I'm just too lazy to search through old topics.

What shoes do you use for racing?  Same one's you train in?  Or specific racers.

I train in Skechers GoRuns and Saucony Kinvara - they both weigh in at around 7.5 oz and have a heel drop of 4 mm.

Considering buying some lighter racing flats for 5K/10K races.

Would they make a difference?

For me, racing flats are a different mindset, so when putting them on, I know it's time to kick some ass....or get my ass kicked as has been the case lately, but you know what I mean. Big grin

Anyway, two thumbs up to racing flats, or even just having a style or type of shoe that you only race in.

LRB

The marathon is the main goal; maybe I just answered my own question.

I was getting there but you beat me to it.

Cyberic

I have racing shoes, but I don't think they qualify as racing flats. For 5Ks and 10Ks, i like the NB 1400s, for a marathon, the Adidas Adios, and for a half, either one would do I guess.

onemile

On the other hand, there is an interval tracker that lets you know which interval you are in. This is especially helpful with a workout like today's that had 16 steps.

So, while I hate that I can barely hear the stupid thing, not having to guess where I am in the workout is a huge plus. This was really the final test to moving on from the 620, which I can finally do with confidence. I'll just have to pay attention to where I am on the course to know when it's time to crank it up or dial it back.

YES. I really do like this feature. I so easily lose track of which interval I'm on

onemile

As did I (for the second consecutive day) and you would think there is nothing to it but it just feels weird. I'm not sure why that is as if it was April I would have no problem wearing shorts in the same temps.

I wore shorts and a t-shirt yesterday and was hot!

I'll probably wear tights today though since I'm planning on running too slow to warm up

onemile

So, moving on.

I am looking at another HM in 6 weeks, and marathon 9 weeks after that.

Trying to decide whether to (1) do the last 6 weeks of an HM plan, then switch over to the last 9 weeks of a marathon plan, or (2) go easy for a couple weeks, start a 12-week marathon plan, and just work in the HM.

The marathon is the main goal; maybe I just answered my own question.

I would do option 2

onemile

I have racing shoes, but I don't think they qualify as racing flats. For 5Ks and 10Ks, i like the NB 1400s, for a marathon, the Adidas Adios, and for a half, either one would do I guess.

This for me too.  Adidas Tempo and Adios.

DavePNW

Good morning!

I ran 6 acceptable miles in windy darkness.  That gets me 38 for the week, and none of the running parts are whining.

Getting hurt and missing a month of running sucks, but the comeback almost makes it a fair deal.  Almost.

Have a great day folks!

Nothing makes you appreciate running more, than an extended period of not running.

Dave

DavePNW

I was getting there but you beat me to it.

Yeah sometimes you need to just write it down.

I suppose it's not a bad idea to have a few weeks running easy before jumping into MRT.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 rough miles.

Still BlueSky, I've pretty much gone to wearing Mizuno Wave Riders all the time, training & races. I just wear newer ones for races. I figure there's enough extra weight on me that shoe weight isn't gonna make or break things.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nothing makes you appreciate running more, than an extended period of not running.

Word.

Damaris

Cyberic

5 rough miles.

Still BlueSky, I've pretty much gone to wearing Mizuno Wave Riders all the time, training & races. I just wear newer ones for races. I figure there's enough extra weight on me that shoe weight isn't gonna make or break things.

Wave Riders are pretty responsive for trainers. I've often told myself that I could race in those when they were my favorite trainers. But it's kind of a treat to have special lighter racing shoes. The actual benefit is probably marginal.

LRB

Issued by the National Weather Service

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 5:15PM EST SUN ...DENSE FOG ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST MONDAY... WEATHER... * WIDESPREAD FOG WILL CONTINUE TO PLAGUE SOUTHEASTERN MICHIGAN THROUGHOUT THE AFTERNOON

Plague? What's next, locusts? lol

Cyberic

Issued by the National Weather Service

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 5:15PM EST SUN ...DENSE FOG ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST MONDAY... WEATHER... * WIDESPREAD FOG WILL CONTINUE TO PLAGUE SOUTHEASTERN MICHIGAN THROUGHOUT THE AFTERNOON

Plague? What's next, locusts? lol

Locusts? I say heel pads.