Beginners and Beyond

2021 Dailies #92, aka Fridailies (Read 24 times)

onemile

Mr O has off work today.  I do not.  

onemile

Well I pulled the trigger on the #2 option - North Olympic Discovery Marathon on 6/6. DW gave the seal of approval - it's actually our anniversary weekend. We'll take Friday off and make a long weekend out of it, it's on the Olympic Peninsula which is a pretty cool area to explore.

DavePNW

You are getting a raise! A promotion! No more early meetings! you "get" to travel again!

1. Seems unlikely; they announced a freeze on merit increases this year, and I haven't even been here a year yet anyway. 2. Unlikely, nothing has been discussed and to be honest I wouldn't want one, lol. More responsibilities, maybe! 3. Not a chance. 4. Well they've already told us we can travel if we're comfortable, but so many people are still working from home, both internal and customers, that there aren't many places to go.

I'm sure the suspense is killing everyone.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I'm sure the suspense is killing everyone.

At least your manager has the sense not to put a random meeting on your calendar without giving some description. Nothing like freaking people out for no reason.

I vote "more responsibilities but spun to sound like its a GREAT opportunity"

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At least your manager has the sense not to put a random meeting on your calendar without giving some description. Nothing like freaking people out for no reason.

I vote "more responsibilities but spun to sound like its a GREAT opportunity"

+1

Damaris

Cyberic

Yeah today is a national holiday in Canada (I believe, Cyber can confirm), and Monday is a national holiday most places in Europe. And of course a lot of Americans are just taking off. I was kind of oblivious too till I tried to schedule meetings with people.

Well, I am off work today, and will be off work Monday too. Not sure if both are national holidays though. I'm all for more days off, and I don't discriminate between what is a holiday and what is not 

Baboon

delicate flower

This afternoon I will attempt the last of the three race virtual challenge I'm doing.  This one is 6.55 miles.  

42:58.  6:34 pace.  I had a really good run.  I could have run a sub-40 10K if I had warmed up first, but that split was 40:39. Three virtual races in six days have left my legs pretty tired.  I ran the 19.65 miles at a 6:43 avg pace....hoping that is good enough for 1 OA.  It is 30 degrees with a 20 wind chill and overcast, which is great for running, but sucks otherwise.

<3

They have published part of the COVID research .... they sent me an email thanking, but now I’m not sure

“The majority (88.7%) of samples were collected between May 10th and July 31st, 2020....

We detected an undiagnosed seropositivity rate of 4.6% (95% CI: 2.6 - 6.5%)....

These data indicate that there were 4.8 (95% CI: 2.8-6.8) undiagnosed cases for every diagnosed case of COVID-19 during this same time period in the United States, and an estimated 16.8 million undiagnosed cases by mid-July 2020.”

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33532807/

Half Crazy K 2.0

They have published part of the COVID research I participated in....

“The majority (88.7%) of samples were collected between May 10th and July 31st, 2020....

We detected an undiagnosed seropositivity rate of 4.6% (95% CI: 2.6 - 6.5%)....

These data indicate that there were 4.8 (95% CI: 2.8-6.8) undiagnosed cases for every diagnosed case of COVID-19 during this same time period in the United States, and an estimated 16.8 million undiagnosed cases by mid-July 2020.”

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33532807/

I got the e-mail, I had volunteered, but wasn't selected. The part I found interesting was the 8.6% with antibodies found in the mid-Atlantic. Kinda makes me think the "unspecified viral illness" last February was covid.

I got the e-mail, I had volunteered, but wasn't selected. The part I found interesting was the 8.6% with antibodies found in the mid-Atlantic. Kinda makes me think the "unspecified viral illness" last February was covid.

Did they ‘thank you for participating’???

Half Crazy K 2.0

Did they ‘thank you for participating’???

Yep. I'm pretty sure there was a basic survey I filled out, but then I was selected (neither was DH).

DavePNW

So I had my quick chat, and I won't get into the details but it was legitimately good news of a financial nature. So a nice way to go into the weekend!

Dave

Yep. I'm pretty sure there was a basic survey I filled out, but then I was selected (neither was DH).

Now I not sure that is was in that part or not.... where I go does moderna, which I was a part of, but they also do/did Pfizer and John and Johnson

sdWhiskers

So I had my quick chat, and I won't get into the details but it was legitimately good news of a financial nature. So a nice way to go into the weekend!

The best kind of news

Half Crazy K 2.0

Now I not sure that is was in that part or not.... where I go does moderna, which I was a part of, but they also do/did Pfizer and John and Johnson

This was from the NIH study where they were seeing if people had antibodies. If you were selected, I think you went to NIH for a blood draw or did a finger stick from home if not close. We did the prescreen, but weren't selected. If I remember, the study started around this time last year.