Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Business as Usual (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My hamstrings and calves are tight as hell and fried. I've got a 6:15 with Mary to get them rubbed out. I probably should get a foam roller for that, but the one time I tried it, it bored the crap out of me. 

Do cupping on them.  And after you finished crying like a little girl, the calf and hamstrings will be good to go.

Damaris

Cyberic

Was tired before my workout, so it was tougher that it should have.

6 x (3 laps on / 2 laps off). At least I did a workout. Felt like skipping it altogether.

LRB

Do cupping on them.  And after you finished crying like a little girl, the calf and hamstrings will be good to go.

I've seen that. The people who have it done swear by it. There are many things I already do like a little girl, I'm not sure I want to add to that list. lol

I'll ask about it while I'm there though. They do everything there so I'm sure they do that as well....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've seen that. The people who have it done swear by it. There are many things I already do like a little girl, I'm not sure I want to add to that list. lol

I'll ask about it while I'm there though. They do everything there so I'm sure they do that as well....

It really helped mine.  The one the PT does to me moves the cup while it is sucking your skin back and forth.  The ITB one made me yell like a banshee.

Damaris

LRB

It really helped mine.  The one the PT does to me moves the cup while it is sucking your skin back and forth.  The ITB one made me yell like a banshee.

Ya know? On second thought; FTS. lol

onemile

Was tired before my workout, so it was tougher that it should have.

6 x (3 laps on / 2 laps off). At least I did a workout. Felt like skipping it altogether.

Sub-6 pace. Nice.

onemile

You ever run a mile all out? You should try it. 👍👍

I have wanted to try this. But I suspect it will barely be faster than my fastest mile in a 5k...

LRB

I have wanted to try this. But I suspect it will barely be faster than my fastest mile in a 5k...

LRB

Reading about the Barkley Marathons; the winner was the only official finisher of the 100+ mile race (there's a 60 hour cutoff). 14 other runners out of 40 completed the course. One of them, Gary Robbins, came in at 60 hours and 6 seconds, which on its own would be heartbreak hotel missing the cutoff by 6 seconds. But it turned out that he unknowingly cut the course short by 2 miles in the fog so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Ugh!

Zelanie

You get some pretty good pics from that route, and crazy elevation profiles! Despite the warm weather we've had, I haven't seen shit for flowers around these parts.

From 0.5 to 1.5 is always intense. I would have stopped to take a pic but I was already slow. Maybe I'll go back solo.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

From what I read, he didn't cut the course short, but rather ran 2 OTHER miles of the course, which DQs him anyway.  He got lost and came to the finish line from the wrong side.  I guess it was not his day.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Afternoon folks, today has been complete chaos since 3 AM thanks to my little boy being the punk he can sometimes be. But I'm hoping to get a decent run in this evening with him, it's been sunny and in the high 60's but for some reason it feels a bit chilly.

I think I've lost 1 lb since getting back to the gym and watching what I eat, yay me... lol.

If I can't run today, I'll try to get in some bicycle crunches, some russian kettlebell twists and some plank variations, and I think I'll do that even if I do run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Interesting. What's your target pace/effort?

I didn't really do a lot of 800s with Daniels. I think the Hansons had them (the only other book I have) but that's that marathon shit.

10K-ish pace/90 sec. recoveries, but if I end up running them a bit slower it's not the end of the world. Whole point just is to do some running faster than goal pace on the weeks that I have shorter long/MLRs (16/12 this week), with emphasis on doing more reps rather than running them harder if it feels easy. So I'll aim for 8, go for 10 if I have plenty in the tank after the 8th rep.

Cyberic

From what I read, he didn't cut the course short, but rather ran 2 OTHER miles of the course, which DQs him anyway.  He got lost and came to the finish line from the wrong side.  I guess it was not his day.

Exactly. When he realized his navigation mistake, he did not have time to backtrack and come in from the right direction. So he kept going and came in from the wrong side. The 6 seconds off is irrelevant in that case. He did have all the pages, though, meaning he went by all the checkpoints.

If you (everyone) haven't already, you really have to check out the documentary on NetFlix. The race director, and thus the race, is nuts.

From the Internet.

Exactly. When he realized his navigation mistake, he did not have time to backtrack and come in from the right direction. So he kept going and came in from the wrong side. The 6 seconds off is irrelevant in that case. He did have all the pages, though, meaning he went by all the checkpoints.

If you (everyone) haven't already, you really have to check out the documentary on NetFlix. The race director, and thus the race, is nuts.

The documentary is great. Also go back and read through Keith Dunn's Twitter updates during the race if you didn't catch them live, they're such perfect commentary for the race itself.

I have a friend who met Laz last year. He was wearing socks that said "bad bitch" or something similarly ridiculous on them and it was everything.