Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins remember Suzielea (Read 343 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I certainly hate to read this.  She was always very encouraging of others.  It sucks in life that the good folks, such as Suzie, have to leave us so early.

I didn't run this morning but I brought my stuff to work with me. 

I will be running some miles this afternoon in Suzielea's memory. 

Running for TJ because he can't.

Tomas, I never heard...did your team beat Lexington last Friday night?  Sorry about your shoes going to pieces, hope your new ones arrive soon.  What size Brooks Beast do you wear?  I found a store where they are on sale for $110. Is that a good price for you?

Scotty Dog- Sorry I ddint call. My high school won again 49-21. we are 3 wins away from being state champs again. We play this Friday night in San Marcos at the Texas State stadium. The baby kept us up until after midnight so I didnt figure it was worth forcing the issue with the boss. She didnt see real thrilled about it.

As far as the shoes go, $110 is a good price. If they have them in size 14 wide (not extra wide) I can call and see if they can ship them to me.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

SheCan

What a sad day on RA.  She was such a nice lady, and it's so nice to see everyone remembering her.   RIP.

Today I ran and easy 8-1/2 with some strides.  I have a half-marathon on Sunday, and I'm trying to figure out how to run this week without over doing it.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

tracilynn

Suzie was s such a sweet lady.  :-( sad to hear of her passing.  She was very upbeat and just sweet.

Im running my "galaxy of Lights" Christmasy 5k tonight with my 14 yr old daughter.  Should be lots of fun.  It will be hard to get into the Christmas spirit tonight as its like summer today.  Ha 

~~~~~~~

Traci

His Slowness

Jimmy, good luck with the run today.

Bin, recover well

Dave, I'm envious.  Eight miles wouldn't be that bad a week for me.

Kristi, rest well

Tweaky, rest well

Jerry, it was in the mid 50's here in N. Alabama when I went out this morning.  I'm sure we'll pay for it later..

Awood, Wow!.

Phillie, good luck with the run!

Lauren, rest well!

Tomas, recover well.

Scotty, rest well.  Keep an eye out for the mouse.

Damaris, sorry about the wind and dust.

Robert, Hope you get your run in later.

Cherie, run well for Suzie

Traci, enjoy the lights.  I had a big ole moon for a Christmas light this morning. 

I got in a 3 mile stroll this morning and I actually think I'm getting a little faster or maybe the miles are just getting a litttle shorter.  It's probably just a GPS glitch and Wednesday they'll be longer again.  I could get used to 50 degree mornings.  It sure beats the 20's we had last week.

Happy Monday!

Bill 

Hello Everyone! I was a lurker here and there over at RWOL, and there's not much happening over there these days... so I'm joining y'all here! I took about month and a half off from running, and I'm diving back in today for a quick 2-3 miles. 18 weeks 'till my first Half! EEEK!! Smile

I am very sorry to hear about Suzielea. I didn't know of her, but it sounds like she was a wonderful and inspiring person.

Mmmmm...beer

Awood, it will take it's toll on you when you first start adding days.  If it starts to feel like too much, then I would cut back on a day or two, still run, but maybe do less mileage, or just run it slower, like a recovery run.  I feel like it has helped my ability to recover quicker and add more miles.  When you have more days to work with, you can add mileage to each day in small increments without it feeling like you're taking on too much at once, but still get a nice jump on your weekly mileage.  Or add mileage to every other day, whatever works for you.  But I'm definitely a fan of increasing frequency first.

Scotty, my daily run is 8 miles now, 10 if I'm feeling froggy, altho I've done 5-6 for recovery runs if I'm just not feeling the full 8.  I've had to flex some of my runs while traveling for work too, but at home I have a few standard routes that I run.  My goal has been to keep my daily run around an hour long, so as I've gotten faster, I've added distance.  Seems to be working so far.  I'm doing the holiday streak now, so instead of taking a full day off, I'm doing an easy 2.5 mile run on my rest days (two laps around the lake by my house).   Gonna start rolling in some speed work soon.  Right now I still just do all my runs at whatever pace feels comfortable that day.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Settled for a "medium" run with DW, 6 miles 59:00.  Kind of windy on the way back, but really nice going north.  DW sore leg (IT, hammy???) had no pain today (yay).  Wet path kept the bikers away.  Tomorrow might be a RD (unless its really nice again).  Need to get over to the health club and lift some weights too.  DD staying with us next 2 nights (no charge).

Hope everyone had a good run or RD today. 

Time to shower and  ZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Cheers  !!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hello Everyone! I was a lurker here and there over at RWOL, and there's not much happening over there these days... so I'm joining y'all here! I took about month and a half off from running, and I'm diving back in today for a quick 2-3 miles. 18 weeks 'till my first Half! EEEK!! Smile

I am very sorry to hear about Suzielea. I didn't know of her, but it sounds like she was a wonderful and inspiring person.

Lucy:  You can add your race to the HM sticky thread.  There's a lot of us running first HM in the spring.  Good Luck !!!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

I certainly hate to read this.  She was always very encouraging of others.  It sucks in life that the good folks, such as Suzie, have to leave us so early.

I didn't run this morning but I brought my stuff to work with me. 

3.55 miles done for Suzie.  Rest peacefully my friend.

Running for TJ because he can't.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Sad day when you learn another Penguin has gone to the running trails in the sky. Cry Suzie, you will be forever missed and never forgotten.

AFM, instead of running today, I went for a swim. Since I did the race yesterday I decided to tone it down and do a little cross training. Swimming kicked my butt this morning, but it was all worth it. Can't wait to add it to my weekly routine.

Jen2011

So sorry to hear about Suzie.  I didn't know her, but can tell she was very loved and will be greatly missed.

Decided to take a RD today.  My hammy was bothering me just a bit on both of my runs this weekend, so I decided to rest today.  I am curious if it is being reaggravated because of my shoes.  I've been rotating two pair, wearing the newer ones only on my long runs.  They only have about 50-60 miles on them.  The other pair have nearly 300 miles and right outer heel is completely gone, but the left one is fine.  I don't know if that right shoe is causing my pain or not, but I'm going to try tomorrow with the newer shoes and see how it goes.

Have a good evening, Penguins.

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It's FAR in advance but I just registered for a 10 miler in June and a Half in October Smile no turning back now, as both were expensive races with no refund policies Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

tracilynn

I set a new PR at my Christmasy 5k tonight 31:39 hooray and that was good enough for...da da dum...11/12 in my age group Joking  BOOOO. HAHA

This was my daughter's first 5k and she ran a 31:46 for 6/9 in her age group.  She hates running and complained the whole time Big grin

At the start line we all sang "Rudolph the rednose reindeer".   It was really pretty seeing all the lights and the path was lit up with luminaries.  

My trails coach won it with a 17:10. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

It's FAR in advance but I just registered for a 10 miler in June and a Half in October Smile no turning back now, as both were expensive races with no refund policies Smile

Yay Kristin!  You have plenty of time to be ready for those and you will kill it!

~~~~~~~

Traci