Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies (Read 37 times)

sdWhiskers

16 miles,  including the AFC HM. Alarm went off at 330 am ffs. That's too early for a workout! But this was a local favorite race that I hadn't done yet. Will never race it for PR though: mid Aug plus HILL at mile 11.5-12.5. Felt pretty good throughout. Coach had 2 x 4 mi at MP, ended up doing first 10 or so at MP. Chafed my lady bits again which I need to figure out since it's still summer until October.

Ran first 4 miles next to 4 guys dressed up as the Anchorman guys. They were hilarious but I sadly lost them when they stopped for tequila shots, lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

16 miles,  including the AFC HM. Alarm went off at 330 am ffs. That's too early for a workout! But this was a local favorite race that I hadn't done yet. Will never race it for PR though: mid Aug plus HILL at mile 11.5-12.5. Felt pretty good throughout. Coach had 2 x 4 mi at MP, ended up doing first 10 or so at MP. Chafed my lady bits again which I need to figure out since it's still summer until October.

Ran first 4 miles next to 4 guys dressed up as the Anchorman guys. They were hilarious but I sadly lost them when they stopped for tequila shots, lol

Copious amounts of Aquaphor. I had this issue one summer, Aquaphor at least kept it from getting worse.

sdWhiskers

And I forgot to mention the best part, I ran 50 miles this week for the first time ever!!!

LRB

from the hill sprints?

The GAP was off the charts so yes, that's my best guess given the timing. Oof.

sdWhiskers

Copious amounts of Aquaphor. I had this issue one summer, Aquaphor at least kept it from getting worse.

I was hoping different underwear would fix it. I use body glide on my other areas so will try that in the future.  Aquaphor grosses me out, just too greasy 

LRB

And I forgot to mention the best part, I ran 50 miles this week for the first time ever!!!

Boosh 👊

LRB

I was hoping different underwear would fix it. I use body glide on my other areas so will try that in the future.  Aquaphor grosses me out, just too greasy 

It's not greasy enough for me. I use Vaseline.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I found oncce things got chafed, it kept happening. DIdn't seem to matter if it was longer not-quite compression shorts as the liner or the usual liner. If it's really hot and your shorts are totally soacked, I'm not sure much can be done.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

way to go!

Cyberic

In the summer humidity, I use body glide on the back of the arms and the back muscles where arms rub (lats?), I use band aids on my nipples, and Aquaphor or Vaseline, I don't discriminate, in the crotch area.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Whiskers, never tried this since the Aquaphor worked well enough (and fall came), but depending where the chafing is, maybe lube? Nicce job on the 50mpw!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The more humid here, the less I apply because I am already wet like in a shower but when i use, I use 2Toms. Recommended by an ultra runner and is 10 times better than anything else I’ve tried.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 16.

If there was an award for a two day total of donkey kong elephant ass dung suck, I'd win it. 

DavePNW

12 miles, 52 for the week.

Generally pedestrian figures, but actually both are the highest since Boston four months ago.

Dave

onemile

I ran 16.

If there was an award for a two day total of donkey kong elephant ass dung suck, I'd win it.