Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies (Read 37 times)

bluerun

Super B****

That's not a mile or two under pace. 33 seconds is a handful. Nice placing. 🏆

True, though when I ran my PR my Garmin measured 13.25 and today it measured 13.11, so in my head it's worse because I technically didn't even have to run any faster to PR! But since I only really did this to get a HM this month (...and drove six hours round-trip for the privilege), I suppose it's not a bad outcome.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

True, though when I ran my PR my Garmin measured 13.25 and today it measured 13.11, so in my head it's worse because I technically didn't even have to run any faster to PR! But since I only really did this to get a HM this month (...and drove six hours round-trip for the privilege), I suppose it's not a bad outcome.

This is why you're smart and I'm not. lol

onemile

any word on ROS?

LRB

any word on ROS?

I'm empty. I don't even know her real name. 

sdWhiskers

I'm empty. I don't even know her real name. 

Is anyone Strava friends with her?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sick to my stomach, my lil brat has been missing since yesterday morning 🥺🥺🥺🥺

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, no, Andrea!

Damaris

LRB

Is anyone Strava friends with her?

I'm empty. I got two followers on the strav. 

LRB

Sick to my stomach, my lil brat has been missing since yesterday morning 🥺🥺🥺🥺

That sucks.

DavePNW

RoS finished in 4:00.

Baboon is through 35k, and appears to be feeling some fatigue.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm empty. I got two followers on the strav. 

I didn't even know you were ON strava, so send me your name there so I can follow you to prevent a heart attack on your part...

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This is so not like her, she's always been around the house, never more than 200 feet unless with me 😢

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

On another note, I have Strava.

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

I didn't even know you were ON strava, so send me your name there so I can follow you to prevent a heart attack on your part...

The logic escapes me 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Hey all.

#1 Washington is gorgeous. Holy balls, it is so stunning. And the Tunnel Marathon is the most beautiful course. Wow.

#2 I haves entered into a hate/hate relationship with running. Today, my legs were the issue. My hamstrings were so unbelievably tight, and it really felt like it was shortening my stride. The tightness led to pain, and then my ass, hips, and quads decided to join in the pain fest and I was a hobbling mess. My HR was fine—breathing totally fine even when I could hit faster paces. But my legs. Oh, my legs. 😫😰

i finished in 4:00, and I have never wanted to quit a race so badly in my life. I cried pretty hard as soon as I saw my family at the finish line—I think all the hard work, and and how disappointing this race ended up being. On the other hand, I am damn proud for finishing. My legs were in agony...walking has already been interesting.

Anyway, thanks so much, to all of you, for asking about me and how today went. You guys know how to make a fellow forumite feel good. 💛

I’ll write up a detailed RR in a bit. We’ve been exploring the PNW and went to see Squalomie Falls today. Again, totally breathtaking. I’m feeling pretty grateful to be here, and to soak up some of this beauty.

PS, Baboon, this sounds so creepy but in one of my woe is me moments, I thought about what you were doing today and the amount of pain you must have to push through, and it gave me a 2nd wind. I hope you kick some ass today and feel strong and proud of your accomplishment!! And I hope Dave (and others?) continue to update us!!!