Beginners and Beyond

Waddling Wednesday Penguins (Read 20 times)

PADRunner

Went to the endocrinologist for my osteoporosis today. Had a bone density scan the results were worse than a year ago. Dr. want's me to take reclast again but I don't think I'm going to.

Tried to run and got 2 then said F'it.

GinnyinPA

PAD - sorry your bones are less dense.  Any other options besides Reclast?  Why don't you like that?  It's a shot, right?

Jerry - 25 miles to what mileage?  Your total for the year?  I passed my first  goal (1200), then my second (1500), and am in line to get my 3rd before Christmas (1800).

Margo - what quilt pattern is your mother's present?  I love quilts, but don't own a sewing machine so never learned quilting. Maybe someday.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ginny, congrats on the 1,500 and 1,800 Christmas goal.   My goal is 1,200 for the year.  That was ambitious for me as it assumed no injuries.  And...NO INJURIES !!  No other goals, but the holiday eating binges should incent me to 1,300.

PADRunner

PAD - sorry your bones are less dense.  Any other options besides Reclast?  Why don't you like that?  It's a shot, right?

It's an IV drip once a year. It can cause some pretty bad side affects. Last year when I took it I had a pretty bad reaction, flu like, to it where I was shaking with chills really bad. Other long term reactions could be possible too. So if it didn't work it may not be worth the risk of taking it again.