Beginners and Beyond

2016 Goals, bring it!! (Read 99 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I would really like to get back to PR fitness and PR in the 5k, 10k(if I can find any), and HM.  Marathon training is not on my radar right now, but that can change with the wind.

GinnyinPA

1. Stay healthy.

2.  Sub 2 hour HM

3.  PR at marathon #2

4.  Do more trail running.

5.  At least 1500 miles

DavePNW

As things currently stand, I do not see how or where I'll be able to fit a marathon into my schedule.

Dave

DavePNW

Dave

Cyberic

Hmmm, tough one. I'll run Boston and will not run another marathon in 2016. I also need to revisit my soft 10k and HM PRs.

For 2016, I'll follow the 'Go big or go home' trend. Ok, here goes:

- PR in Boston (Ouch!)

- Sub 40 10K (Double ouch!)

- Sub 1:30 HM (Triple ouch!)

DavePNW

First 100 miler

Sub-18 5k

Sub-1:25 half

Sub-3 marathon

Yes in fact I may very well just post emoticons on other people's goals, rather than post my own.

Dave

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I'm currently rehabbing an osteotomy of my foot (cutting the first metatarsal shorter) and reconstruction of the cartilage of the big toe joint AND coming off about a year where I barely ran at all.  So, by the end of 2016 I'd like to be back under 6:00 for a mile and under 21:00 for 5K (I did do a 5K in November and ran 22:40).  I'm also signed up to do the Spartan Trifecta (three Spartan races, one of each of the following distances...Sprint (5 miles), Super (appx. 8-9 miles), and Beast (13 miles).  In my running hiatus I did a few of these and they are no joke as far as difficulty...but I don't have a time goal.  I just want to complete all three without dying.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Baboon

delicate flower

Hartford Marathon in early October is my only real possibility, which will depend on how I feel post-Ironman.  Fortunately it doesn't sell out so no rush to make that decision.  I was thinking maybe Philly again in November but a trip to Disney to do the Wine and Dine HM eliminates that one.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Go big or go home?  (Hey, if I'm going to break a foot doing something, I want to have something to show for it!!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

1) Run every day

2) Don't hurt myself running every day

3) 3500 miles

4) < 4:00:00 in a very hilly February marathon.  This might be a pipedream, But I'm still making it my A-goal.

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm currently rehabbing an osteotomy of my foot (cutting the first metatarsal shorter) and reconstruction of the cartilage of the big toe joint AND coming off about a year where I barely ran at all.  So, by the end of 2016 I'd like to be back under 6:00 for a mile and under 21:00 for 5K (I did do a 5K in November and ran 22:40).  I'm also signed up to do the Spartan Trifecta (three Spartan races, one of each of the following distances...Sprint (5 miles), Super (appx. 8-9 miles), and Beast (13 miles).  In my running hiatus I did a few of these and they are no joke as far as difficulty...but I don't have a time goal.  I just want to complete all three without dying.

I've heard about the Beast, RD's have done their best to put participants through as much hell as possible. A friend of mine is into Crossfit and participates in the Tough Mudders. Last month she and her mom flew to Las Vegas, NV for The World's Toughest Mudder, she completed 45 miles in 24:40:38. Those events are pretty serious.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Also, I'd just like to clarify that "go big or go home" doesn't mean doing a 100 miler or sub-xx, it means challenging yourself, on whatever level, pushing your limits and not settling for another year of the status quo.  Personally, I've noticed that I've become a lil too comfortable in my running, and I want to break out of that comfort zone and really challenge myself, on several different fronts.  I hope you all do the same. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

Also, I'd just like to clarify that "go big or go home" doesn't mean doing a 100 miler or sub-xx, it means challenging yourself, on whatever level, pushing your limits and not settling for another year of the status quo.  Personally, I've noticed that I've become a lil too comfortable in my running, and I want to break out of that comfort zone and really challenge myself, on several different fronts.  I hope you all do the same. 

If I can't reach my 2016 goals in 2016, I can try again in 2017! No big deal!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Finish all 5 HM's I'm registered for.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Finish all 5 HM's I'm registered for.

Only 5?  Slacker ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)