Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: 2013 Reasons I Want to Return to Bed (Read 44 times)

<grumbling> Good morning.

6.50 miles in 1:03:57 on the TM. 6.1mph (9:49 pace). Comfortable. And no pre-run fuel, except for coffee.

Last night, I was surprised with an invitation to a black-tie NYE event. I have nothing appropriate. I have to make a skirt, damn it.

I see lots o'Turkish the rest of this morning. Help me, G-d.

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy Tuesday and welcome to the end of the year!  I wrapped up my running for the year on the treadmill this morning.  7 miles at 7:38 avg pace.  2 x 2 mile at GMP.  So my new Garmin 620 predicts my race times based on various measureables, and after this morning's run it puts my 5K time at 17:22.  Huh.  That's quite an improvement over my current 20:42 PR.  Soooo I think I'll just go ahead and use 17:22 as my new PR.  Sweet!

Official tally for the year is 1719 miles.  I rebounded nicely.

Looking forward to a wild NYE tonight:  Dinner and a movie with Wife and Oski.  With any luck, I'll be asleep by 10:00.

<3

LRB

Supp yo!

I am either running slow this morning, or fast this afternoon.  It all depends on how much snow fell overnight and screwed up the street surface.

happylily

Good luck, Basya! Do you mean you can actually "make" a skirt?

I didn't run yesterday, I was too lazy and I think I needed my rest. I ran 50 miles last week, in my 3rd marathon recovery week. So I'm still ahead of the plan. Today is 9 with 4 at tempo, but I'm still feeling sore.

Tonight we celebrate the arrival of the new year at the house of some friends. The husband is an excellent runner, who at 55 still runs his marathons in 3:10/3:15. She's just back from travelling 5 weeks through Turkey, Germany, England, Holland and France to meet with high-schools as a McGill University recruiter. My dream job! Should be an interesting evening.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Spending NYE at a friend's house party, so I need to try to fit 5-8 miles between work, force feeding Daisy and the party.  Will try.

Damaris

LRB

Today is 9 with 4 at tempo...

That is a tough workout.  Are those all in a row or mile repeats?

happylily

In a row. It's the first tempo run of Pfitz marathon plan. The easiest one. It goes up to 7 tempo out of 11 miles in the middle of the plan. I actually have trained so often and for so long for marathons that tempo feels sort of easy for me. It's the intervals that kill me and racing short distances.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If it's a Pfitz, they are all in a row.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up everybody, 26 this morning.

Rocky and I got 3.8 miles on the trails this morning - ending December with 135.5! A mileage PR - oh yeah! And my longest time running - 23:51:57 (ultra distance and trail runners normally count time rather than mileage so I am trying to get used to that too) so definitely awesome!!

We hit the trails, I figure with a short run I can't be disappointed with any flooded trails. Luckily 27 degrees with a feels like 19 had all the water on the trails frozen over. The negative to that was that all leaves and dirt and bike tracks were also frozen hard, so it was like concrete

Sad but a good run none the less.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

It goes up to 7 tempo out of 11 miles in the middle of the plan.

Incredible!  The only way I could do that mentally is to race a 10k and keep running past the finish line 1 mile.  lol

happylily

Incredible!  The only way I could do that mentally is to race a 10k and keep running past the finish line 1 mile.  lol

I should mention that for Pfitz, a tempo pace is between 15k and HM pace. Not a 10k pace. So of course, if you ran 7 miles at 10k pace, with an extra 4 miles on top, you'd pretty much exhaust yourself for the rest of your training week. :-)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Just did an Easy 6 miles on the TM today. The run went good. I did notice that I've maintained my new current weight for a week or so. I'm up a solid 3 lbs from what I ran my FM in October. I'm hoping that I can concentrate on my eating over the next few months and get down to a better race weight before my next FM in May.

Speaking of my next FM: I checked online and they take deferment or transfer until one month prior to the race. That's pretty cool. Normally I don't sign up until pretty close to a race but with that in mind I'll actually sign up next month.

No plans for me tonight. Just going to stay home and watch some TV. Maybe I'll go to the store and buy sparkling cider or something corny like that since DW cannot have alcohol. Have a safe and great day/night everyone!

- Andrew

outoftheblue

Heading out for some hill repeats this morning.  I wonder what people think of me trotting up and down the same hill multiple times.   Hopefully no one calls the police.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe time ringing in the New Year tonight!

Life is good.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Heading out for some hill repeats this morning.  I wonder what people think of me trotting up and down the same hill multiple times.   Hopefully no one calls the police.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe time ringing in the New Year tonight!

I think it would look strange. I wondered the same thing when I was doing hill repeats. I think I prefer them on a TM.

- Andrew

LRB

I should mention that for Pfitz, a tempo pace is between 15k and HM pace. Not a 10k pace.

Oh.  That is a huge difference then!