Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies - Bright and Early - Put Me Back to Bed (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I feel a little groggy, my nose is runny and I want to go back to bed..... but nope

Took Jetta for a warm up of 1.3 miles, hope she pooped.... I can't remember, I hope I get all my pooping done before the race. Gonna be leaving here in 15 minutes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Good luck, FS. Question is: did YOU poop?

I have come at peace with my decision to take it easy until race day. It was a hard decision to make, but it's the cautious one.

Instead of continuing with my plan, I will only run easy until M-Day. That's a lot of workouts I'll be skipping (1 long run, 3 x 10 miles at MP, and 2 X 6 miles at MP - 10), and I'll be peaking early (I'm stopping all workouts 3 1/2 weeks away) - so it won't be the best me possible on the starting line, but that will have to do.

I plan to run 60-90 minutes per day, 6 days/week for the next 2 weeks, and don't know what I'll run on race week yet, but it won't be much less, I suppose.

I have no idea how much less fit I'll be compared to if I would have completed the plan, so I don't know what time I'll aim for on race day.

I'll run ~75-80 minutes later on this morning.

Have a great day.

LRB

I have 4 - 6 to get done this morning, I'll decide on the fly. I had leg and muscle pains during the night so it might be the former. Although, once I get loosened up, the latter may be better for them. Or, I'll probably just split the difference and run 5.

LRB

I have come at peace with my decision to take it easy until race day. It was a hard decision to make, but it's the cautious one.

That bad, huh? Wow. Well, you can only do what you can do. Marathoning is serious business, there is a bit of luck that goes into each cycle that we some times overlook.

I hope it all works out for you. I have been there, it sucks.

LRB

Gonna be pooping here in 15 minutes.

Make it a winner, why don't 'cha.

Good luck winning your age group!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good Luck FreeSoul

Today I am feeling sad. DH had another seizure last night and this one really upset him. We thought the worst of them were over. Our race is in 2 weeks and it stresses me so. I haven't told him yet but I think I will just walk it so I can keep a close eye on him. He is too fast to keep up with but if I walk it or sit the first half out and then walk with him I can keep a better eye on him. He won't like this idea. But it stresses me out not knowing. Two weeks to decide.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

Good Luck FreeSoul

Today I am feeling sad. DH had another seizure last night and this one really upset him. We thought the worst of them were over. Our race is in 2 weeks and it stresses me so. I haven't told him yet but I think I will just walk it so I can keep a close eye on him. He is too fast to keep up with but if I walk it or sit the first half out and then walk with him I can keep a better eye on him. He won't like this idea. But it stresses me out not knowing. Two weeks to decide.

This is a dumb question but has he considered taking a DNS?

delicate flower

Good luck, FS. Question is: did YOU poop?

I know this isn't directed at me but I just want to let you know that I have.

I've got a swim and a bike ride to do today.  Well, DW has to swim and I'm not going to make her go alone.  I bought tickets to see Blazing Saddles tonight, and despite seeing it about a thousand times on TV, I am strangely excited about seeing it on the big screen.

I've gotten fat.  I've gone from 152 to 160 over the last few months.  Time to get rid of that extra poundage (it'll be gone in a few weeks).

<3

Brilliant

Good morning!

FS, good luck!  Hope you finished your bathroom business.

I'm up too early; headed for LAX for my weekend escapade to Reno/Tahoe.

LRB

I've gotten fat.  I've gone from 152 to 160 over the last few months.  Time to get rid of that extra poundage (it'll be gone in a few weeks).

Or, in runner terms; BAROOFABLOOF. lol

LRB

Good morning!

FS, good luck!  Hope you finished your bathroom business.

I'm up too early; headed for LAX for my weekend escapade to Reno/Tahoe.

May you have an uneventful flight, and an eventful weekend. Smile

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

This is a dumb question but has he considered taking a DNS?

No. He is just hoping he doesn't seizure the night before. If that happens, we have talked about it, we will walk the entire thing together. Usually they only occur in his sleep. He tries not to let it prevent him from doing things. Although last year he did have to DNS The Toad 50k because he couldn't get the training in as he was in and out of the research hospital (verdict: he does have a brain lol but he is not a surgical candidate so they just played with his meds). He just scales back when necessary. I will just have to keep tabs on him. I really should know better than to register for the same race as him. It just so happens that I registered because I love this race and THEN he said he would like to give it a go as well. And how can I refuse that cute face? Just remind me not to let him know about Woodstock next year when I push submit button.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good Luck FreeSoul

We'll all keep an eye out for him too. If we plan it right, he'll never be out of sight of a friend.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Just remind me not to let him know about Woodstock next year when I push submit button.

Deal.

LRB

I probably should go run.