Beginners and Beyond

I wish MONDAILIES were as fast as Usain Bolt (Read 46 times)

DavePNW

Still in MI this morning; 8 miles in 69 DP. Not used to this, it has been warm in Seattle but not much humidity out there. Very sweaty. Headed back out west later today.

Followed by whole wheat toast with almond butter & bananas. Which is my standard weekend breakfast. Standard weekday breakfast is Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Best cereal ever. I go through boxes of those like nobody's business.

Dave

cjones1

Standard weekday breakfast is Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Best cereal ever. I go through boxes of those like nobody's business.

This is funny.  This was my go to for years before I found Frosted Mini Wheats, which are like Oatmeal Squares covered in sugar. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

There is simply too much yumminess in the cereal aisle for me to not alternate periodically but thankfully, we can all do our own thing and be happy. 

Zelanie

Morning!  Oatmeal and PB2 for me- the standard go-to breakfast.  Today is my first day off for summer, but tomorrow I have to go to a training, boo!  I am hoping to get a run and a hike in, as well as a bunch of other stuff done.  We will see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had an omelet with Canadian bacon and cheese.  I don't have a staple go to, but eggs must be in it.

Damaris

LRB

I had an omelet with Canadian bacon and cheese.  I don't have a staple go to, but eggs must be in it.

So your staple is eggs. 

LRB

Morning!  Oatmeal and PB2 for me- the standard go-to breakfast. 

Is that the powdered peanut butter? I still have not opened the one I bought  

Zelanie

Is that the powdered peanut butter? I still have not opened the one I bought  

Yup, that's the stuff!  I like it in oatmeal and smoothies.  Not as good by the spoonful. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So your staple is eggs. 

Unless I eat something else.

Damaris

DavePNW

Yup, that's the stuff!  I like it in oatmeal and smoothies.  Not as good by the spoonful. 

Try mixing some into one of those little Snack Pack chocolate puddings. Good stuff.

Dave

From the Internet.

I've been wearing my Wave Riders a ton lately and really liking them - I have 72 miles on them so far, speedwork and 2 long runs, and lately the extra 2mm of drop has been great for my Achilles. Poked my head into RunningWarehouse on a whim last night and again right now, and they magically had a return in my size of the same pair I bought sometime between then and now. Gift card plus discount code = backup shoes for $17.80! Frugal shoe purchases are my favorite shoe purchases.

No running today, but taking off for the gym in a minute. Getting back into a normal routine, work, gym, run, basic house chores... I cried more today than I did yesterday, it feels unfair that I have to try to be normal with such a big hole in my life, but at the same time it's nice to be out of the house and among other people without spending every minute feeling guilty that I'm not at home with my sweetpea.

LRB

Unless I eat something else.

lol

workinprogress11

This morning I will be dining on Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  I will later attempt a 4 mile run which will be my first run in 11 days. Moving and the cold/flu completely derailed me.

Cyberic

What is nice about running at easy pace is that it is pretty easy Big grin

6 miles easy, not 1 single yard (english measure a bit short of a meter) at MP.

DavePNW

What is nice about running at easy pace is that it is pretty easy Big grin

6 miles easy, not 1 single yard (english measure a bit short of a meter) at MP.

Disagree! Easy pace is hard. Some kind of quality in the workout makes it go faster. Literally and figuratively.

Dave