Beginners and Beyond

I wish MONDAILIES were as fast as Usain Bolt (Read 46 times)

happylily

Disagree! Easy pace is hard. Some kind of quality in the workout makes it go faster. Literally and figuratively.

Hills on the treadmills! (the s is for the rhyming effect)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Disagree! Easy pace is hard. Some kind of quality in the workout makes it go faster. Literally and figuratively.

Depends on who's easy pace and the resultant difficulty!

My easy pace - meh - not hard but not a sleep walk.

Pacing my DD or my DW easy pace is actually much more taxing on me than my own - completely inefficient.  But it is enjoyable to run with them.

(Do agree on quality makes the workout faster! - 8 miles easy = blah! tedium.   8 miles with warm-up +  repeats + cooldown harder but feel far more accomplished and done 'quicker')

LRB

What is nice about running at easy pace is that it is pretty easy Big grin

Enjoy it while it lasts Bucko. 4 weeks out from your race that toothily grin will be replaced by a sad face cry baby. lol

happylily

Depends on who's easy pace and the resultant difficulty!

My easy pace - meh - not hard but not a sleep walk.

Pacing my DD or my DW easy pace is actually much more taxing on me than my own - completely inefficient.  But it is enjoyable to run with them.

(Do agree on quality makes the workout faster! - 8 miles easy = blah! tedium.   8 miles with warm-up +  repeats + cooldown harder but feel far more accomplished and done 'quicker')

Hey, Sly, what are you training for these days?

Good morning, everyone.

Lily, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy running and core work.

LittleBlue, have a pleasant run in the park.

Damaris, enjoy your eight-miler.

I did an hour on the AMT. I don't know what I'll have for breakfast.

happylily

Good morning, everyone.

Lily, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy running and core work.

LittleBlue, have a pleasant run in the park.

Damaris, enjoy your eight-miler.

I did an hour on the AMT. I don't know what I'll have for breakfast.

Are you ok, Basya?

I can't believe that I pasted the wrong text... I'm tired. I can't wait until my alignment tonight. I still have to do weights.

happylily

I can't believe that I pasted the wrong text... I'm tired. I can't wait until my alignment tonight. I still have to do weights.

(((Basya)))

Phil, have fun serving time on the TM. Good luck to you and to MBC.

Cyberic99, have an excellent easy run at lunch.

FreeSoul87, brava on an great lifting session after a rough night.

cjones1, sweet seven.

DaveP MI, bravo on the soupy eight.

Zelanie, have fun doing whatever you do.

Lauren, awesome deal on the shoes. Have a wonderful workout.

workinprogess11, have a fantastic four-miler.

Cyberic99, nice six-miler.

I'm looking at hotels for four nights in Athens in November. I'm itching for a race. I'll probably do the BAA Half in October, but 13.1 is just a LR for me, at this point. I'm thinking of doing the Athens Classic...less than two weeks before I begin training for Jerusalem.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy at the office today as all get-out for some reason! You'd think summer at a university would slow down a bit, but it sure doesn't for we full-time folks!   Anyway...two more events done over the weekend - lots of doggie photos in my report for the one I did on Sunday - which brings me to 30 races for the year so far.  Today is a nonrunning day.  I might go do weights after work...see how I feel after this long day of busy busy busy!

Today is Nature Photography Day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I'll probably do the BAA Half in October, but 13.1 is just a LR for me, at this point.

Sweet. 13.1 miles would be a 24 hour endurance event for my broken ass. lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and will sometimes drizzle raw honey over them.

Of course I can't really say anything. I sometimes munch on dog biscuits and eat PB and Bologna sandwiches

LRB

They are forecasting 1 to 3 inches of rain here shortly. What?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hello Monday......blah

I am sure glad I had no plans to run this morning, Dorian has been having bad dreams and nightmares over the past couple weeks, normally I'd give him his pacifier to soothe him but he's been weaned from it for 3 weeks now so... I have to figure another way to soothe him. Last night it happened twice, the final one right near 4 AM and I thought I wouldn't make it to the gym but I did.

Only 50 minutes on Shoulders and Delts, I had to skip one workout unfortunately due to it being busy around 5 AM.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX15reps, 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX15reps, 17.5lbsX8reps

Converging Plate Loaded Overhead Press: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps

Barbell Upright Rows: 40lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX6reps

Shoulder Shrugs: 35lbsX15reps, 27.5lbsX20reps, 30lbsX15reps, 30lbsX15reps, 30lbsX15reps

Front Plate Raises: 5 sets/ 15 reps/ 35lbs

Torso Rotation: 70lbsX12reps, 75lbsX10reps, 75lbsX10reps

Well, I bet he'd appreciate the breast....hell, I still do...     

DavePNW

They are forecasting 1 to 3 inches of rain here shortly. What?

On my way to the airport, wish me luck....

Dave