Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES; And if you made it this far... (Read 40 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk last night on the Riverwalk, followed by my birthday celebration with some of my fellow military veterans.  I am glad I took off work today so I could sleep in a bit...the beer was flowing pretty well last night.  Finally got out to Fort Sam today around noon-time and did 3.6 miles on a hilly route.  That sweated a lot of the beer out, lol; felt much better after that.

Got a nice long weekend as I am off tomorrow too and next Monday and Tuesday.  Sunday is mine and Gail's 31st anniversary and Monday is her birthday.

No cold here...71 degrees yesterday, 73 degrees today in San Antonio.  A sweet winter for us.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Nice run/walk last night on the Riverwalk, followed by my birthday celebration with some of my fellow military veterans.  I am glad I took off work today so I could sleep in a bit...the beer was flowing pretty well last night.  Finally got out to Fort Sam today around noon-time and did 3.6 miles on a hilly route.  That sweated a lot of the beer out, lol; felt much better after that.

Got a nice long weekend as I am off tomorrow too and next Monday and Tuesday.  Sunday is mine and Gail's 31st anniversary and Monday is her birthday.

No cold here...71 degrees yesterday, 73 degrees today in San Antonio.  A sweet winter for us.

31 years? She deserves an endurance medal. lol

Cyberic

Run 1: WU + 3 miles MP-20 + 800m Easy + 3 miles MP-20 + 2 mins Easy + 190 metres H + 2 minutes Easy + 190 metres H + CD

Baboon

delicate flower

5 miles done.

I had a quick appointment at the doc and my blood pressure was 98/62.  That seemed good.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy 5 Years of Running to me!  2/11/2011:  4 miles at 11:15 pace (45 minutes).  Miles since then:  10,400.

<3

LRB

Happy 5 Years of Running to me!  2/11/2011:  4 miles at 11:15 pace (45 minutes).  Miles since then:  10,400.

Yay. Cool

My first run was 4 miles only three months later on May 28. Yet I trail you in total miles by over 3,100.

Oof.

Baboon

delicate flower

Yay. Cool

My first run was 4 miles only three months later on May 28. Yet I trail you in total miles by over 3,100.

Oof.

I dove right into marathon training pretty quickly, and aside from a six month knee break, I pretty much went non stop cycle to cycle up until this past October.  The marathon by and large has not been your main focus.  Part of me was afraid I'd miss the marathon training this winter, but I have not missed it one little bit.  I'm sure I'll be jealous when those RR's start popping up and my FB news feed is full of happy marathoners.

<3

onemile

I ran 7.5 with 3x800 and 3x400 at the indoor track

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 5 on the treadmill.

Cyberic

Run 2: 7 miles

mta: 1F, 19 mph winds, -20F windchill

Cyberic

Cool!

Cyberic

I would've smacked the person who handed me that goofy ass looking hat.

LOL

(Didn't have time to comment today. Catching up now)

Cyberic

Honestly, if I was in the running for OA or AG placement and prizes were at stake, I'd do the race.  It's going to suck for everybody.  On days like that I remind myself that I have skied many full days in painful sub-zero temps, so I can handle a 20 minute 5K.

I would definitely race it too.

onemile

I would definitely race it too.

I think I am going to.

onemile

That's cool.  I didn't log my first year of running but I know it took me awhile to run 1 mile straight without stopping.