Beginners and Beyond

The Last FriDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

DavePNW

Ready to go!

Fixed.

Still 48 hrs to go, so anything can still happen, but at this point for the last 2 marathons I had severe doubts whether I'd actually make it to the starting line. And if so, thought there was a good chance I'd have to bail early. So there's an eerie sense of calm. Hay's in the barn, as they say, so just get me there & we'll see what happens. I still know it's gonna be really tough, because they always are, and I have no predictions.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

marathon

Looks like you've got some pretty good race weather.  

<3

DavePNW

Looks like you've got some pretty good race weather.  

Would prefer a bit cooler, but not bad at all - 51 degrees at the start, clear, 5mph wind. No chance of rain in the forecast; supposed to get up to 77, so more incentive to finish fast.

Baboon is the greatest stalker of all time. Anyone can stalk results or trackable races in progress, but he is the only one who stalks other people's weather, and previous years' results to determine potential for AG placing. (N/A for marathon obv.)

Dave

LRB

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon is the greatest stalker of all time. Anyone can stalk results or trackable races in progress, but he is the only one who stalks other people's weather, and previous years' results to determine potential for AG placing. (N/A for marathon obv.)

Since you mention it, you have a shot at AG placement based on prior year results.  3rd in your AG was between 3:20 and 3:36 the last three years.  I haven't read up on live tracking since I'll spend most of the weekend away from a computer.

<3

Zelanie

- 51 degrees at the start

Cyberic

I keep forgetting I have Boston photos taken. I wish MarathonFoto reminded me more often 

DavePNW

Since you mention it, you have a shot at AG placement based on prior year results.  3rd in your AG was between 3:20 and 3:36 the last three years.  

Ha. I certainly do check this for small races, but I did not even bother for this one. Although this is a fairly small marathon.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Ha. I certainly do check this for small races, but I did not even bother for this one. Although this is a fairly small marathon.

Oh, snap....upon further review, AG awards for your race go five deep.

Please don't embarrass us, Dave.  Sad

<3

onemile

I keep forgetting I have Boston photos taken. I wish MarathonFoto reminded me more often 

Just buy the damn things and they will stop reminding you.

onemile

Remember this at mile 22. 

LRB

Oh, snap....upon further review, AG awards for your race go five deep.

lol

I just want him to feel good about a marathon for once, he's so hard on himself after those things. In fact, I'm not sure he's ever had a single positive thing to say about any of them. If he has, I missed it!

DavePNW

Remember this at mile 22. 

Yeah well as we discussed previously, at that point nothing can motivate you, neither aspirations of glory nor fear of embarrassment. So the only thing I will be thinking of at mile 22 is "please kill me now".

Dave

DavePNW

I just want him to feel good about a marathon for once, he's so hard on himself after those things. In fact, I'm not sure he's ever had a single positive thing to say about any of them. If he has, I missed it!

LRB's got it.

Dave