Beginners and Beyond

The Last FriDAILIES (Read 43 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Aren't you going to start yelling and screaming that there is no April mileage thread yet? 

Not til tomorrow  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

At PT last week I found out that I've been running all wrong. This week, I found out I've been walking all wrong. 

did they also say training is all wrong too...modify some, but no way have you been running all wrong. maybe they have been doing PT all wrong

oh, and will probably do about 4 or 5 after work.

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

Rough day.  Fatigue and creakiness.

#OldManProblems  #TheStruggleIsReal

Me too. But I am not training for a marathon. Actually I am not training for anything. So I did not and will not run today.

#OldManWisdom

onemile

I have yet to meet a helpful PT.

I ran 5. I thought with the mileage cutback this week my legs would feel better.  But no.

onemile

But I am not training for a marathon. Actually I am not training for anything.

Enjoy your month off.

Cyberic

It was really obvious when I walked in front of the mirror. My left leg was all over the place. I'm doing all these slow exercises engaging different muscles I use in my stride.  They say sometimes neuromuscular changes can happen really quickly,  once the brain figures out which muscles to engage.

I have misalignment issues. When I used to lift (a looong time ago), the coaches were telling me that my feet needed to be parallel for squats. But by doing do, my knees cave inwards. My lower leg is not hooked straight to my upper leg at the knee joint (self diagnosis). So if I open up my feet a bit (like a duck), then my legs are aligned and I don't hurt myself.

When I run, for some reason I keep my feet pretty parallel, but my knees cave in on every step. Not very pretty.

I know your PT is probably very knowledgeable. I'm just saying that, in my case, my legs are also crooked when I run, and when I try to fix that, I hurt myself.

MTA: The always interesting Priscah Jeptoo running technique analysis video

LRB

I have misalignment issues. When I used to lift (a looong time ago), the coaches were telling me that my feet needed to be parallel for squats. But by doing do, my knees cave inwards. My lower leg is not hooked straight to my upper leg at the knee joint (self diagnosis). So if I open up my feet a bit (like a duck), then my legs are aligned and I don't hurt myself.

When I run, for some reason I keep my feet pretty parallel, but my knees cave in on every step. Not very pretty.

I know your PT is probably very knowledgeable. I'm just saying that, in my case, my legs are also crooked when I run, and when I try to fix that, I hurt myself.

MTA: The always interesting Priscah Jeptoo running technique video

Aside from sometimes dragging my heels when I'm disinterested, every running issue or injury I've had could be attributed to something other than my form, so I've never needed to alter it. The lone exception was way back in year one, when I had a tendancy to over-stride. I made a correction after it was pointed out to me following a gait analysis, and I've been good ever since.

Baboon

delicate flower

I just ran my 4 miles.  Downhill, uphill,  downhill, uphill.  7:45 pace.

Potato wedges and acorn squash are in the oven, and burgers will be going on the grill.

<3

LRB

I just ran my 4 miles.  Downhill, uphill,  downhill, uphill.  7:45 pace.

Potato wedges and acorn squash are in the oven, and burgers will be going on the grill.

Can I have ketchup to go with my wedges and burger at your place, or will I get lectured? Tongue

Hip Redux

This is  largely irrelevant if you aren't injured - there's no need to alter anything in that case.   If you are, then the logical thing is to look for a cause.   It's particularly not a fair argument  to compare the stride of someone who is performing at a high level with someone trying to heal from an injury.

All of my PTs have been really awesome.   I hesitate to think where I'd be without them.

MTA: The always interesting Priscah Jeptoo running technique analysis video

Baboon

delicate flower

Can I have ketchup to go with my wedges and burger at your place, or will I get lectured? Tongue

This is a pro-ketchup household.  It will go on my burger and taters tonight.  We also have bbq sauce, pickles, jack cheese, and guac if any of that interests you.

<3

LRB

This is a pro-ketchup household.  It will go on my burger and taters tonight.  We also have bbq sauce, pickles, jack cheese, and guac if any of that interests you.

Why yes, I actually do bbq sauce on both my burger and fries sometimes.

On the subject of condiments, I couldn't even tell you how many I have there are so many. I do know I have four different kinds of mustard though. Smile

DavePNW

DD is a huge ketchup fan. She puts a quantity of ketchup on a burger that is roughly equal in volume to that of the burger. Then adds a layer of french fries before replacing the top bun. More ketchup of course to go with the remainder of the fries that did not fit on the burger.

I actually don't eat burgers or fries.

Dave

Cyberic

This is  largely irrelevant if you aren't injured - there's no need to alter anything in that case.   If you are, then the logical thing is to look for a cause.   It's particularly not a fair argument  to compare the stride of someone who is performing at a high level with someone trying to heal from an injury.

All of my PTs have been really awesome.   I hesitate to think where I'd be without them.

It might not be a fair argument, but I'm not arguing here. I'm just stating what I think, without trying to influence Zel.

I would never try to make a diagnostic of someone's condition in person, and that is even more true over a forum post. Her PT knows better than me, I have no doubt about that.

I still think that running with the feet flying all over the place does not necessarily lead to injury.

Hip Redux

It might not be a fair argument, but I'm not arguing here. I'm just stating what I think, without trying to influence Zel.

I would never try to make a diagnostic of someone's condition in person, and that is even more true over a forum post. Her PT knows better than me, I have no doubt about that.

I still think that running with the feet flying all over the place does not necessarily lead to injury.

Wait,  you don't think she should listen to internet people over a medical professional?  :P

It may not lead to injury but if you are injured, then it's totally  worth looking at.   Yet, the next time the subject of poor form and injury comes up, I guarantee someone will post Jeptoo's video!