Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies on the 2nd: First one of the year (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.6 miles in the dark.  It was very foggy with a light mist, but mid 50s made it all good.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Company holiday but I am working anyway.  BOOOO! lame.  I don't plan on staying here past 2:00 though.

2200 yard swim before work, and definitely feeling all the skiing.  JOG this afternoon.

<3

No more marathons

'Morning!  Company holiday but I am working anyway.  BOOOO! lame.  I don't plan on staying here past 2:00 though.

Payroll stuff?

I'm scheduled for 4 with 4 X 100m strides.  Should be doable - warm and rain.

This whole bit of having someone else set your schedule is, um, interesting.

She gave me kudos for my mile yesterday - made me all squishy inside.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Payroll stuff?

I'm scheduled for 4 with 4 X 100m strides.  Should be doable - warm and rain.

This whole bit of having someone else set your schedule is, um, interesting.

She gave me kudos for my mile yesterday - made me all squishy inside.  

I bet.

Don't know if I'll run today. Foot could use a rest, I guess. But it's very nice out and might not be tomorrow... I'll see.

No more marathons

I bet.

Don't know if I'll run today. Foot could use a rest, I guess. But it's very nice out and might not be tomorrow... I'll see.

Did you pick up a scosche rhythm?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

All Mondays should be like this - no work, no running. No incentive to get dressed, or shower. If I don't have to leave the house, could be lounge pants all day.

Dave

LRB

I am pretty much in the same boat.

I would rather wait another day before taking this stupid thing out for a test drive, but, walking at work was rough on it last week (not to mention I'm petrified of a setback). I probably should run today then sit on my ass and rest it for 18 hours, versus running tomorrow then having to work... We'll see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Will try a redo of my LR.  18-20 miles and hoping i can breathe.  Stay tuned...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

WorkInProgress, sorry to hear about your coworker.  Most of the time I go out for New Year's, I scared of driving back with all the drunken people driving all over.  So sad.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Winter running problems: I really should take a day off, but it's going to be in the 40s today. I haven't had a complete day off since December 16 so I'm going to be smart, but I DON'T LIKE IT.

Homemade cinnamon rolls.

Dave

Cyberic

Did you pick up a scosche rhythm?

I didn't. Read a few reviews, and it seems it's not so accurate in cold weather.

I read forums on the Garmin strap, and realized it might be static electricity as I don't put my running clothes in the dryer, therefore no Bounce or Fleecy, and in the winter the air is dryer.

I cleaned the rubber contacts of the strap with soap, cleaned the electrical contacts between the device and the strap with contact cleaner, wet the strap real good before I left running, and rubbed the inside of my shirt with a sheet of Bounce a minute before my run. The strap worked flawlessly.

Cyberic

I ran. 17 km,  or 10.6 miles or so.

LRB

Homemade cinnamon rolls.

You could put together quite the collage of your wife's yummy treats from over the years DavePCinnamonbun. Big grin

LRB

I ran for 14 minutes. 

I felt a slight pop in my right calf at a half mile. I stopped and stretched it before continuing, then stopped and stretched it again at a mile. I stretched it once more when I was done. Oddly enough, I felt the same pop during my first run post-marathon but ran through it. I believe that is where the problems with my heel and arch began, so hopefully by stretching it out this time, I'll avoid the same fate.

Anyway, I was only going to run for a mile, but damn it was nice to be out there!  I compromised and ran some crazy route that ended up giving me 1.58 miles. I didn't want to push my luck so I was scared to run a single step further. lol