Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - Oh no, not again (Read 39 times)

onemile

You'll do well. We don't have that kind of elevation here so I actually held my own pretty good through 16 miles considering the training I flew out there on.

Yeah I still managed to PR. Just not the PR I was hoping for and in a majorly painful way.

I didn't train on hills. My 'gently rolling' route was def nothing like this.

DavePNW

So, I tried the elliptical today, to see what that would feel like. It definitely made my hip hurt. It wasn't unbearable, and didn't get better or worse throughout the 20 minutes I spent on it. So not sure if I should keep at it, or just stick to the bike for a while.

Dave

onemile

So, I tried the elliptical today, to see what that would feel like. It definitely made my hip hurt. It wasn't unbearable, and didn't get better or worse throughout the 20 minutes I spent on it. So not sure if I should keep at it, or just stick to the bike for a while.

has it gotten any better at all with all the time you've had off?

Cyberic

I would stick with the bike.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

DavePNW

Yes, definitely. I still feel it just walking around though. How much I feel it varies - worst first thing in the morning, or after sitting down for a long time. But on average much better.

Dave

Cyberic

If you're going to be doing a lot of biking, Dave, now's your chance to buy very tight clothes with logos of sponsors all over.

onemile

If you're going to be doing a lot of biking, Dave, now's your chance to buy one that costs almost as much as your car

onemile

Yes, definitely. I still feel it just walking around though. How much I feel it varies - worst first thing in the morning, or after sitting down for a long time. But on average much better.

well that is positive

Cyberic

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I would stick with the bike.

+1.  If the elliptical hurts and pedaling doesn't, ride.

You could buy a $10k bike,  and the tight-fitting clothes with logos all over them.  Yes, you can have it all.

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

The most I'll spend on a bike is whatever a bike shop charges for a checkup on my 25-year-old bike, which hasn't been ridden in several years, to address some of the squeaks & rattles I noticed when taking it out last weekend. And I'm riding in running shorts.

Dave

onemile

The most I'll spend on a bike is whatever a bike shop charges for a checkup on my 25-year-old bike, which hasn't been ridden in several years, to address some of the squeaks & rattles I noticed when taking it out last weekend. And I'm riding in running shorts.

That's no fun.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

That's no fun.

I agree.  But if it were fun, Dave may never go back to running.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I swear that padded bike shorts are worth looking a little silly.  And the bibs are even better.

Runner with a riding problem.