Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - Oh no, not again (Read 39 times)

DavePNW

I really, really just want to get back to running. The biking is just to maintain some level of cardio fitness.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 TM miles done.

You know what happens when you are used to suing the office, bully everybody, and demand silly things are changed in your favor, and you try the new boss to make Damaris cancel something she is allowed to do because it irks you and you are used to the boss rolling over and letting you get away with it?  But then you get a real boss with balls who DGAF?  You end up making a full of yourself in front of me.  And that's what happened to the bitch at work today.

Damaris

I really, really just want to get back to running. The biking is just to maintain some level of cardio fitness.

I hear ya Dave. When I was injured I did some indoor cycling and it sucked. There is just no replacement for running . Its worth doing though to maintain some fitness. Hang in there man

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

I swear that padded bike shorts are worth looking a little silly.  And the bibs are even better.

Sounds to me like mountain biking shorts might fit the bill for Dave.

Christ, Dave, I recovered from a torn ACL faster than this.  Sad

<3

From the Internet.

Less than 2 weeks of school left and then I'M FREEEE!!

... And broke if I don't find a job. But free is a good start.

Tri training is going as well as I'd expect as a brand new beginner. I won't drown, I might pass a few people on the bike, I'll definitely pass a few people on the run. Taking my last sick day tomorrow (still have some hours in the bank after that but I need to be there for a few days of review, final exams, and classroom cleanup); gonna sleep in, then spend some time gardening and biking, and then a track workout planned for early evening.

Dave, get the padded shorts! They improve the experience immensely. I'm already planning for bike #2 in the spring as long as I'm not unemployed for too long.

DavePNW

Sounds to me like mountain biking shorts might fit the bill for Dave.

Christ, Dave, I recovered from a torn ACL faster than this.  Sad

You are a much sturdier physical specimen than I am.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.25 miles. Beautiful evening, almost cool. Definitely don't see this lasting.

sdWhiskers, I've been trying to do more strength training. And not eat too much crap. Which doesn't work so well working in a school--all sorts of treats around at the end of the school year.