Beginners and Beyond

Male Birth Control WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

It can go both ways.

Well, no.  Because it's probably not even ON the truck!!  (I had three packages that were supposed to be delivered yesterday, all out for delivery at 9:20.  SO you would THINK they were all on the same truck.  Two of them show "attempted" delivery at 6:53 with a notice left.  Don't lie to me like that -- nothing was attempted, no notice was left.  The third was delivered at 7:45.  WTF!!!)

In this day and age, that's unacceptable. No wonder THEY ARE losing business!

What's your race day morning gonna be like for NYCM? I've heard that some people take a ferry to get to the start line.

MTA: That was pretty embarrassing on my part. 

bluerun

Super B****

In this day and age, that's unacceptable. No wonder their losing business!

What's your race day morning gonna be like for NYCM? I've heard that some people take a ferry to get to the start line.

Dude.  Seriously.  I visited the Yelp page for my local post office.  It's hilarious and sad at the same time.  And I also called the USPS to yell at them (and schedule re-delivery since even if I wanted to go wait in line for an hour to pick up these packages, I can't because I DON'T HAVE THE NOTICE THAT YOU NEVER LEFT).  Supposedly the HRM-Run is arriving tomorrow.  But in the meantime, I ordered a Scosche Rhythm on Amazon Prime.  Same day shipping, with which I've also had crappy luck in the past.  Think I'll get EITHER of these before the marathon?!

I selected the ferry option when I registered, but I'm taking my team bus instead.  Oddly enough, my brother doesn't seem excited about waking up at 5 AM to drive me to said bus, so I'm probably going to take a taxi because I do NOT feel like navigating the subway that early (and even so, the closest stop is still half a mile away).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

MTA: That was pretty embarrassing on my part. 

Aww you know I love you

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Big night coming up for you. Do you root for the south side team as well or strictly Cubs?

As a true Cubs fan, I despise the White Sox.

I am going to be a basket case tonight.

Dave

LRB

Aww you know I love you

Like a lioness loves a gazelle? Great. Gulp.

LRB

As a true Cubs fan, I despise the White Sox.

I am going to be a basket case tonight.

Is that snobbery I detect? 

Having been there, I empathize with the fans of both teams. I don't have a favorite, I just think it sucks that one of these teams has to lose. It would be better if one of the teams had won recently, you know? 

LRB

Dude.  Seriously.  I visited the Yelp page for my local post office.  It's hilarious and sad at the same time.  And I also called the USPS to yell at them (and schedule re-delivery since even if I wanted to go wait in line for an hour to pick up these packages, I can't because I DON'T HAVE THE NOTICE THAT YOU NEVER LEFT).  Supposedly the HRM-Run is arriving tomorrow.  But in the meantime, I ordered a Scosche Rhythm on Amazon Prime.  Same day shipping, with which I've also had crappy luck in the past.  Think I'll get EITHER of these before the marathon?!

I selected the ferry option when I registered, but I'm taking my team bus instead.  Oddly enough, my brother doesn't seem excited about waking up at 5 AM to drive me to said bus, so I'm probably going to take a taxi because I do NOT feel like navigating the subway that early (and even so, the closest stop is still half a mile away).

What's Accuweather saying? AND WHY DID I HAVE TO ASK?! You should've posted about the weather fifty-eleven times by now. lol

DavePNW

Is that snobbery I detect? 

Well IDK about that, but the bandwagon is certainly overflowing. Just to make the point that people born & bred to be a Cubs or Sox fan generally see the other side as their fiercest rival. Even though they never really compete directly.

Dave

LRB

Well IDK about that, but the bandwagon is certainly overflowing. Just to make the point that people born & bred to be a Cubs or Sox fan generally see the other side as their fiercest rival. Even though they never really compete directly.

I can dig it.

Good luck man, hopefully your team scores 30 in the first inning with no outs, although, striking out the side in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded in a 1 - 0 game would be much more dramatic.

bluerun

Super B****

What's Accuweather saying? AND WHY DID I HAVE TO ASK?! You should've posted about the weather fifty-eleven times by now. lol

Because it's not accu, so it doesn't matter what they say!

A bit windier than I'd like, especially given the supposed direction, but I guess it could be worse.

chasing the impossible

LRB

Because it's not accu, so it doesn't matter what they say!

A bit windier than I'd like, especially given the supposed direction, but I guess it could be worse.

Looks to be right in your wheelhouse, awesome.

Cyberic

Ran 5. Was overdressed. Long sleeves, and not so thin at that, when I should have been wearing short sleeves.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The cold I picked up pre-marathon had subsided a bit but it came back full-force Monday with swollen lymph nodes and throat pain. Yesterday was 19 days of being sick and I was miserable so I went to urgent care. Quick strep test was negative but got put on antibiotics and a nasal spray - sinus infection with post-nasal drip causing the throat stuff, most likely. Fun times. I may still run a few easy over the next few days to clear out the ol' head.

Feel better!

Went to Apple at lunch time and got my phone screen changed.  They initially told me 1.5 hours to get to me but in 10 minutes my phone was in.  Nice.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Looks to be right in your wheelhouse, awesome.

It's a bit chillier than I find comfortable.  But probably better for running.  If I don't freeze to death first.

chasing the impossible

LRB

It's a bit chillier than I find comfortable.  But probably better for running.  If I don't freeze to death first.

You'll be on a bus not a ferry, so there will be no freezing. 👍