Beginners and Beyond

Yessir, it's the Thursdailies. (Read 38 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I disagree.  Do what people on the running forum want to see, and we want to see the 10K.

I agree.

Easy TM miles and weights today. Like an idiot, I signed up for a July 5k. Training starts in a week or two. I really want that sub 20.

DavePNW

Ironically, I don't view the 10k in the same light as most, I actually relish them. Trying to match it up with one's 5k time is a BEEEYOTCH, but really rewarding when you do.

Relish is a strong word, but I don't despise them as much as most people seem to, and based on race time predictors, It seems to be my best distance. Short enough that there's no real recovery time needed, long enough that you can make some in-race adjustments if needed.

5 miles. Went over 8000 miles total on RA.

Dave

LRB

Relish is a strong word, but I don't despise them as much as most people seem to, and based on race time predictors, It seems to be my best distance. Short enough that there's no real recovery time needed, long enough that you can make some in-race adjustments if needed.

5 miles. Went over 8000 miles total on RA.

Relish the challenge of running my 5k equivalent is what I meant.

delicate flower

I relish on my hot dogs.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Relish the challenge of running my 5k equivalent is what I meant.

Lol. My 10ks never come close to the equivalent. I actually come closer with HM. Granted, I don't do many 10k and either wound up on hilly courses or hot days.

on my way to badass

I disagree.  Do what people on the running forum want to see, and we want to see the 10K.

I say 10K because that is my favorite distance(it's the one time I felt competent in a race, probably had something to do with preparation).

4 on tap for me today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

onemile

The half marathon is my best distance.  I have run 10 of them.

18 5ks 

7 marathons

2 10ks but I never really raced one (one was coming back from an injury, one I ran easy a few weeks after a marathon).

But I have run the 8k distance 5 times and I liked it better than the 5k.

delicate flower

2 10ks but I never really raced one (one was coming back from an injury, one I ran easy a few weeks after a marathon).

The perfect time for a huge PR!  

<3

LRB

I relish on my hot dogs.

Plus onions, ketchup and mustard, which according to Clint Eastwood is not how a "man" eats a hotdog.

Guess I'm not a man then, man.

Cyberic

Some RRs are still missing...

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Some RRs are still missing...

I'm thinking about it...    not a ton to say -

DavePNW

Plus onions, ketchup and mustard, which according to Clint Eastwood is not how a "man" eats a hotdog.

Guess I'm not a man then, man.

Ketchup on a hot dog is a monstrosity. Although that's how DD likes them - ketchup only.

As long as we are are reporting:

• 5 marathons
                          • 7 HM
                          • 5 10k
                          • 9 5k

Dave

LRB

In MY opinion, Ketchup on a hot dog is a monstrosity. 

FYP.  

I don't even know where to begin to count my 5ks. lol I would guess somewhere near 30, I think.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ketchup on anything is a monstrosity. 

DavePNW

I'm looking at a race on May 15th at the cost of $15. It is chip timed, sanctioned by the Quebec Athletism Federation. Pretty much all this runner wants in an event. Course is in a municipal park with lots of twists and turns.

The idea would be to assess my current fitness to know what my training paces should be. There's a 5, a 10 and a 15K. Although I would like to focus on the 10K a bit, it would mean 2 5K loops, and that can be a little discouraging.

But if I do it, it will still probably be the 10K

This does raise the question of what is the best distance for the first race post-marathon. For me it has been HM, assuming I have generally built up more endurance than speed, and are not going to be doing much speedwork anytime soon post-marathon. Then eventually ratchet it down to 5k. But I don't know if that makes any sense.

Dave