Beginners and Beyond

Yessir, it's the Thursdailies. (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

My DD also refers to ketchup as a "tomato smoothie".

Dave

LRB

This does raise the question of what is the best distance for the first race post-marathon. For me it has been HM, assuming I have generally built up more endurance than speed, and are not going to be doing much speedwork anytime soon post-marathon. Then eventually ratchet it down to 5k. But I don't know if that makes any sense.

I think it depends. I planned to race a half marathon after Detroit 2014, but as race day approached, I wanted no part of running 13.1 miles so I said FTS. lol

Ric-G

Plus onions, ketchup and mustard, which according to Clint Eastwood is not how a "man" eats a hotdog.

Guess I'm not a man then, man.

In the first Dirty Harry movie, I think Clint orders a hot dog but then gets interrupted. I don't remember if it had any fixings....

marathon pr - 3:16

Ric-G

I disagree.  Do what people on the running forum want to see, and we want to see the 10K.

I disagree further. Eric, you need to run both the 5k and the 10k and take the average as a 7.5k. Then base your training off of that. 

(I'm sure at some point runner's world will have some program touting a "revolutionary" plan based on this nonsense).

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

In the first Dirty Harry movie, I think Clint orders a hot dog but then gets interrupted. I don't remember if it had any fixings....

Based on the look on his face, I would say someone offered him some ketchup. lol

delicate flower

I just passed a lady in the hallway at work and said, "On your right."

<3

LRB

I just passed a lady in the hallway at work and said, "On your right."

Meanwhile, on the other side of the internet:

"Some dude just scared the living shit out of me!" lol

workinprogress11

Plus onions, ketchup and mustard, which according to Clint Eastwood is not how a "man" eats a hotdog.

Guess I'm not a man then, man.

Hot dog twinsies!

Living in the Chicago suburbs I get flogged if I ask for ketchup with my hot dog.

LRB

Hot dog twinsies!

Indeed, you're no man either. lol

delicate flower

Ketchup is required on hot dogs.  WTF does Clint Eastwood know?  Sauerkraut can go to hell.

<3

LRB

Hot dog twinsies!

Living in the Chicago suburbs I get flogged if I ask for ketchup with my hot dog.

I've had a Chicago style dog a few times back in the day, they're not bad at all.

If there were such a thing as a Detroit hotdog, it would be the coney dog. The irony of course is that it doesn't come with ketchup, just chili, mustard and and a shit load of onions, which was actually perfectly fine with me. I'll take two, with a large Pepsi please.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Dang it, now I want a hot dog...

Mr MattM

be curious; not judgmental

Mr MattM

5 miles at lunch... 0 hot dogs.  3-5 more miles on tap later today...

be curious; not judgmental

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ketchup is required on hot dogs.  WTF does Clint Eastwood know?  Sauerkraut can go to hell.

Damaris