Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies (Read 41 times)

sdWhiskers

Here in south-central PA, the snow missed us entirely, again. However, the winds are blowing the remnants of last weekend's snow across clear streets and driveways. The current feels like temp. is 4. Tomorrow it drops to -9, which is colder than I've seen in a very long time.

This is where my parents live, too. When I talk to my dad, he's very proud of the fact he switched their heating over to wood pellet stoves a few years ago. Keeps their house nice and toasty. Hope you stay warm!

TM day for me. Starting to feel better. 8mi total. Set to 8:27 pace. Did 4x1mi @ 2, 3, 4, 5% inclines/ 1mi recovery. Good strength workout.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yes. It's called the Cascadia Subduction Zone.

Interesting!  I was in Bellevue when the 2001 Nisqually earthquake hit.  Very surreal.  I'm most worried if/when that monster named Mt Rainier (does everyone call it Tahoma now?) blows its top like St. Helens did.

Snow is still falling in NY.  Not even the dog wants to go outside...

This was in the morning with about 2" of snow.  There's about 6" now and more still falling.  Governor said wind gusts up to 60 mpw. Warned not to go out driving... but he didn't say anything about running, so....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Where everybody knows your name.

3/17 - NYC Half

DavePNW

Mt Rainier (does everyone call it Tahoma now?)

No. Precisely no one does, I've never even heard it. Would they have to rename the beer too?

However apparently for the week prior to the 2014 Super Bowl, the state legislature temporarily renamed it Mount Seattle Seahawks. 

Did you live in Bellevue or were you just visiting? If you bought something here back then, you should've held onto it & you'd be pretty wealthy.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I don't have a neighborhood bar.  I did, however, go here.  And it was nice and empty!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Did you live in Bellevue or were you just visiting? If you bought something here back then, you should've held onto it & you'd be pretty wealthy.

I lived and worked in Bellevue for about a year (rode that dot-com boom and eventual bust).  Moved back east after the small company I worked for got gobbled up.  I wish I had bought back then.  It's utterly redonculous now.

I think it was when I was out there when there was a push to call it Tahoma.  Maybe they were trying to follow the same path of renaming McKinley to Denali.  At the end of the day, I don't think the mountain really cares.  But Mt. Seattle Seahawks.... really?!?!

3/17 - NYC Half

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I don't have a neighborhood bar.  I did, however, go here.  And it was nice and empty!!

Sweet!

3/17 - NYC Half

onemile

7 miles in 8 degrees

delicate flower

Would anyone here eat yogurt six days past its date?  ....just wondering. 

<3

onemile

Definitely would and have

bluerun

Super B****

I wouldn't.  Dairy is one of the only things I won't eat past the date.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Definitely would and have

I wouldn't.  Dairy is one of the only things I won't eat past the date.

Awesome, I will follow this advice.

<3

onemile

Awesome, I will follow this advice.

Google it. Google will tell you 1-2 weeks past the sell by date for yogurt is just fine. Google is never wrong.

onemile

omg, just give it to me and I will eat it. I hope it's Siggi's