Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies (Read 41 times)

oldfartrunner

I got 8 in like 50s-sorry onemile.  Had to take my shirt off on the way back.

Baboon: Yogurt is just spoiled milk anyway.  What the hell?

Blue: looks like candy!  Yummy!

Berto: That dog looks like it could handle the cold!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My dad just called to tell me his house in PR finally has power. It "only" took 3+ months, not counting the 3 weeks he had no power due to Hurricane Irma.  

Damaris

DavePNW

Would anyone here eat yogurt six days past its date?  ....just wondering. 

Depends. If I was just sitting at home, sure. If I was about to make a 6 hr car trip, I wouldn't chance it.

Dave

DavePNW

I think it was when I was out there when there was a push to call it Tahoma.  Maybe they were trying to follow the same path of renaming McKinley to Denali.  At the end of the day, I don't think the mountain really cares.  But Mt. Seattle Seahawks.... really?!?!

You are correct according to the google, but nothing ever happened, and based on an informal poll of the lunchroom, no one knows anything about it. Apparently there is a sub-peak called Little Tahoma, which will have to do.

Dave

oldfartrunner

You are correct according to the google, but nothing ever happened, and based on an informal poll of the lunchroom, no one knows anything about it. Apparently there is a sub-peak called Little Tahoma, which will have to do.

Is that next to Bigga Mamma?

KCRuns

5.5 TM miles during lunch with a fast finish.  It's nice to be back in a running routine this week!  And even nicer that nothing hurts Smile

I have a 10k on Saturday morning.  When I signed up originally, I had high hopes of temps in the 20s-30s, which would be good PR weather for me.  But NO, the forecast is 3, feels like -6.  So now I don't know if I have any goals other than to actually show up and run, I'm still debating that with myself.

KCRuns

Would anyone here eat yogurt six days past its date?  ....just wondering. 

Yes, as long as it doesn't look or smell weird.

oldfartrunner

Yes, as long as it doesn't look or smell weird.

That is pretty well the test for anything. 

GC100k

Q: what's the native name for the mountain K2?

A: there isn't one. Nobody ever lived where they could see it.

Weather not that bad here today. A couple inches of snow and windy. Got all ready at 5AM to take my daughter to swim practice but it was cancelled. After school practice also cancelled. Probably an overreation for our location, but that's okay.

Expired dairy? I think your nose/taste is pretty good at detecting whether it's good.

5 miles on the dreadmill for me today.

Some weights at the gym. Used the 125 lb dumbbells today for bench press. The guy next to me was dropping the 60 lb dumbbells between sets and I got great satisfaction out of casually grabbing a pair 125s off the rack, standing up with them after sets, and casually putting them back like walking around with 250 lbs and moving them around is easy for me. My wife was there with me so I needed to look cool for her too.

delicate flower

omg, just give it to me and I will eat it. I hope it's Siggi's

Coconut Noosa.  But, I ate the still-safe raspberry Noosa.  I will eat the 7-day-past-its-prime coconut tomorrow.

<3

onemile

Coconut Noosa.  But, I ate the still-safe raspberry Noosa.  I will eat the 7-day-past-its-prime coconut tomorrow.

Noosa is pretty awesome too. And I like coconut...

Half Crazy K 2.0

Snow stopped so I did 6.4 outside. Wind was brutal in some open spots, but overall not terrible.

DavePNW

Noosa is pretty awesome too. And I like coconut...

Noosa is practically like eating ice cream.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Q: what's the native name for the mountain K2?

A: there isn't one. Nobody ever lived where they could see it.

K2 has a much greater allure to me than Everest.  While Everest is tallest, K2 is steeper, more remote, and has much harsher weather.  But it's in that "gotta win the lottery first" bucket list.

RE: yogurt.  Can't recall the last time I ate any, but if it passes the smell test, it's good to go in.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

DavePNW

K2 has a much greater allure to me than Everest.  While Everest is tallest, K2 is steeper, more remote, and has much harsher weather.  But it's in that "gotta win the lottery first" bucket list.

Everest is a 5k color run, and K2 is Badwater. (Well maybe not quite, and I don't know jack about mountaineering, but you get the idea.)

I just watched a documentary on Netflix called The Summit, about the 2008 expedition on K2. Due to bad weather and a series of incidents, 11 people died out of 28. Overall, there has been about one death for every 4 who have summited.

Dave