Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #117 (Read 28 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another RD for me, still reading and trying to figure things out. I do know there is a specific spot that feels bruised to the touch, the tiny little spot between the outer "tendon" and the quadricep.. or is it my quadricep where it meets that tendon? All I know is I can press right there, just "above" that tendon attaching to the knee and it feels bruised. Not as bad as the last couple of days, but I can still press on it and feel some pain.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Another RD for me, still reading and trying to figure things out. I do know there is a specific spot that feels bruised to the touch, the tiny little spot between the outer "tendon" and the quadricep.. or is it my quadricep where it meets that tendon? All I know is I can press right there, just "above" that tendon attaching to the knee and it feels bruised. Not as bad as the last couple of days, but I can still press on it and feel some pain.

I’m not exactly sure where you mean...

~6.8, slow, mostly dirt, bumps and two good hills.

That makes 43.3 for the week, a big week for me.

Going to the movie theatre this afternoonπŸ˜€ to buy popcorn and Raisinets... the wife has never seen Groundhogs Day, so couch and Netflix this afternoon.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 12.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The Lateral Collateral Ligament, that hard "cord" like thing running on the outside of your hamstring going down along the outside/bottom of the knee.

Found this interesting article about nerve pain after I tried to look up the Femoral Nerve.

https://www.irunfar.com/2017/08/six-signs-that-your-running-injury-is-nerve-pain.html

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

'Sup.

Coffee? βœ”

Breakfast? βœ”

Up to date on the news? βœ”

Decent enough running weather? βœ”

What the hell am I running? I have no idea. 

I've changed my mind 50 eleven times ffs. I suppose I should just get dressed and go from there, since that's a major prerequisite...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

PRs

Cyberic

18.7  and 130  80 miles for the week

onemile

18.7  and 130 for the week

It's confusing when you put one in miles and one in km

Cyberic

It's confusing when you put one in miles and one in km

Hahahaa, right, it was supposed to say 18.7 and 80 for the week. In my head 80 miles and 130km are the same thing but I had to use a tool for the other one

DavePNW

'Sup.

Coffee? βœ”

Breakfast? βœ”

Up to date on the news? βœ”

Decent enough running weather? βœ”

What the hell am I running? I have no idea. 

+1 to all that. Well actually I’m pretty sure I know what I’m running. Probably around 7. But always the potential to adjust on the fly. 
                        Additional checkmark for me today is to commemorate reaching a new age group. If only I could do something with it.

Dave

LRB

+1 to all that. Well actually I’m pretty sure I know what I’m running. Probably around 7. But always the potential to adjust on the fly. 
                          Addition checkmark for me today is to commemorate reaching a new age group. If only I could do something with it.

Happy BD. You sure you don't want to run 55 miles instead. 

DavePNW

Happy BD. You sure you don't want to run 55 miles instead. 

LOL no thanks.

Dave

The Lateral Collateral Ligament, that hard "cord" like thing running on the outside of your hamstring going down along the outside/bottom of the knee.

Found this interesting article about nerve pain after I tried to look up the Femoral Nerve.

https://www.irunfar.com/2017/08/six-signs-that-your-running-injury-is-nerve-pain.html

There a lot going on in the area....

https://i2.wp.com/musculoskeletalkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/f06-09-9780323065047.jpg?zoom=4&w=960

https://rad.washington.edu/muscle-atlas/biceps-femoris-short-head/

https://rad.washington.edu/muscle-atlas/biceps-femoris-long-head/

sdWhiskers

13.4 miles on a hilly route. Strava isn't working so I don't know exactly how hilly 

MTA: 840 ft elevation

HOT and sunny here. Even at 630am. I ran to the coast which was all fogged in at that time so at least miles 3-9 were more pleasant.