Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Sunny and clear for some, not so much for others (Read 34 times)

LRB

Good morning.

I remembered last night why you can't put a price on homemade lasagna. Seriously, my socks are still flying! And I ended up drinking an entire bottle of wine over the 2.5 hours it took to make the stupid thing, so I'm feeling it.  Roof.

LRB

I will head out for a run after coffee, not real sure of the distance. 10.2 would give me 50 for the week, but that's a long time to run hungover. lol

We'll see...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds delicious, both the wine and the lasagna.

I have 12.  Just finished breakfast so I'll head out closer to noon.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hello.  Wife and I were at a dinner party until 11:00 last night.  I am too old for staying up that late.  Then we were up at the ungodly hour of 7:00 this morning to get the grocery/Thanksgiving shopping done before the stores got busy.  Today will be a nap day for sure.  First though I've got an hour bike workout to get done.  We're in the "not so much" for sunny weather, as it is raining and 35 degrees.  It's a good day to stay inside.

<3

NUTTY windy, had ‘leaf out’ a couple of time where couldn’t see the trail cause the leaves were blowing so hard.

3 mi elevated pace, some dirt and bumps, 1.6mi gutter on short shallow hill.  Hill is only .09 mi, down the south side of the road, up the north side, down the north side, up the south side... a bit tedious

sdWhiskers

Its 730 and I'm just getting out of bed. WHO AM I??

6 miles to do in perfect weather.

RunningOnSand

Sounds delicious, both the wine and the lasagna.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn it, now I'm gonna have to go get the ingredients to make lasagna tonight..... it sounds delicious.

So I got my 10 miles in this morning, it was touch and go, not painful but some complaints from my left glute deep in the tie-in spot. And the very top of my left foot and inside of it.

Wore the Ghost 12s, I guess they'll work, still can't say with 💯 on them or the Guides, a little frustrating.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Count me in for nice weather: just below freezing point, low wind, and most important the roads and sidewalks are all clear!

With my fall last Sunday I felt MP yesterday, and although today felt better, I didn't want to run extra fast, but at the same time I wanted to get a workout in since it's so nice out and didn't have a RP.

So I used a very flexible programmed workout on my watch that is 4 x (15:00 / 4:00) but the 15:00 are split into 3 x 5:00, so the workout is 4 x (5:00-5:00-5:00 / 4:00 ).

Enter Variations on the MP theme

Before each block of 15:00 the idea was to come up with a structure for the 3x5 depending on how I felt, and run that.

1. MP, LT, MP  -  and that ended up being 6:54, 6:23, 6:39

2. the full 15 at target MP -  6:42, 6:41, 6:41

3. progression to target MP  -  7:11, 6:55, 6:42

4. MP, MP+15, LT  -  6:49, 7:03, 6:28

18.6 miles total, 73 for the week. Thankfully I feel almost healed now.

sdWhiskers

6 miles done. Sunny and 65.

Trying to convince the family to go to the beach.

onemile

22 miles done. Thankful for my RP.

75 miles this week on 6 days of running.

LRB

6 miles done. Sunny and 65.

Trying to convince the family to go to the beach.

That just sounds weird. Our beaches have been closed since Labor Day!

Say, have you ever eaten at Perry's Cafe? It's on Pacific Highway.

LRB

22 miles done. Thankful for my RP.

75 miles this week on 6 days of running.

Boo ya!

LRB

Count me in for nice weather: just below freezing point, low wind, and most important the roads and sidewalks are all clear!

With my fall last Sunday I felt MP yesterday, and although today felt better, I didn't want to run extra fast, but at the same time I wanted to get a workout in since it's so nice out and didn't have a RP.

So I used a very flexible programmed workout on my watch that is 4 x (15:00 / 4:00) but the 15:00 are split into 3 x 5:00, so the workout is 4 x (5:00-5:00-5:00 / 4:00 ).

Enter Variations on the MP theme

Before each block of 15:00 the idea was to come up with a structure for the 3x5 depending on how I felt, and run that.

1. MP, LT, MP  -  and that ended up being 6:54, 6:23, 6:39

2. the full 15 at target MP -  6:42, 6:41, 6:41

3. progression to target MP  -  7:11, 6:55, 6:42

4. MP, MP+15, LT  -  6:49, 7:03, 6:28

18.6 miles total, 73 for the week. Thankfully I feel almost healed now.

It took a minute but I got it. 

Nice workout! Hitting those paces in an 18 mile run is steller.

Cyberic