Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Sunny and clear for some, not so much for others (Read 34 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 8.5 total today, or something like that, with a tiny (15-second) 10K PR ... 41:47. This is nothing short of miraculous even if we discount the weather. All I am going to say, to avoid getting too TMI, is IBS can suck it.

And so can car insurance, because my policy is up for renewal, and of course it increased again. I almost want to file a claim just to get my money's worth!!

Nice job on the PR, blue!!

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Hi.

Will work require you to race with your phone during your marathon? 

LOL they might!!

<3

LRB

Disney in January.

12 miles done in perfect 38-40F weather and sunny.  The wind was brutal but happy to have finished, as the last two were kind of pushing it.

Comebacks are hard, sigh.

I thought it was Goofy, but I get all of those thing mixed up. I have a friend that runs the Princess Marathon, but then it's like 4 races of various distances so I never know what the hell she is talking about. lol

LRB

P

R

well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's an odd combo, they're complete opposites. Are you alternating them or wearing one exclusively?

Alternating, trying both. The LRS suggested the Guides while onemile & sdwhiskers or runninginsand suggested Ghosts so strongly, that I gave in and bought a pair.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Alternating, trying both. The LRS suggested the Guides while onemile & sdwhiskers or runninginsand suggested Ghosts so strongly, that I gave in and bought a pair.

No wonder you're no better off than you were, you're basically spinning your wheels. I would run in one or the other for a week to 10 days so you can discern the differences between the two. One might be hurting you while the other might be helping you. Or vice versa. Or neither.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No wonder you're no better off than you were, you're basically spinning your wheels. I would run in one or the other for a week to 10 days so you can discern the differences between the two. One might be hurting you while the other might be helping you. Or vice versa. Or neither.

😟 what really sucks is DH threw the shoeboxes for the Guides away..... so if it is them that aren't good for me, I can't send them back 

But I will say the Guide 12s give me like zero problems. At least I can send the Ghosts back if I have to, still have the shoebox and receipt for those.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I thought it was Goofy, but I get all of those thing mixed up. I have a friend that runs the Princess Marathon, but then it's like 4 races of various distances so I never know what the hell she is talking about. lol

It is Goofy!  HM and full. 😬

Damaris

Cyberic

Awesome, BluePR!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, blue!

Damaris

DavePNW

12 miles with 6 at GMP.

53 for the week.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in

Does "PR" stand for "pain relief"? Because I am dying. Aren't stitches supposed to go away when you stop moving?? If they were on my right side I'd think my appendix is about to burst.

But thanks, all the same 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

😟 what really sucks is DH threw the shoeboxes for the Guides away.....

Who does that?

If you bought them Running Warehouse, you can still send them back.

DavePNW

22 Miles done. Thankful for my RP.

75 miles this week on 6 days of running.

Woah.

18.6 miles total, 73 for the week. 

Try to keep up.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

NUTTY windy, had ‘leaf out’ a couple of time where couldn’t see the trail cause the leaves were blowing so hard.

3 mi elevated pace, some dirt and bumps, 1.6mi gutter on short shallow hill.  Hill is only .09 mi, down the south side of the road, up the north side, down the north side, up the south side... a bit tedious

This seems to be the theme of the season. Apparently Thursday is going to be windy too, to the extent that it earned the "windy" emoji in my phone's weather app. Fourth windy race in a row, JOY!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog