Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Sunny and clear for some, not so much for others (Read 34 times)

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Bluerun.

Windy day here, so I drove into town to run so I could take advantage of the buildings to block the wind. I only ran 6.

LRB

Oh, and I've also been scouring the webs for good lasagna recipes b/c of LRB. And I also want wine, now.

I basically winged it.

First, I sauteed finely chopped mushrooms, spinach and fresh garlic together in olive oil with salt & pepper and basil. In a mixing bowl, I added freshly grated parmesan and fresh chopped basil to 8 ounces of ricotta cheese and mixed with one egg and some salt & pepper. In a greased oblong Pyrex baking dish, I layered tomato basil sauce, Barilla oven-ready lasagne, the ricotta mix, the mushroom/spinach mix, freshly grated mozzarella, freshly grated parmesan, fresh basil, then tomato basil sauce, repeating four times. I topped it with more parmesan and baked it for 30 minutes at 350 and pulled out a hot, bubbly dish of I'm The Fucking Man. Pepperidge Farm garlic toast heated on a cast iron griddle sealed the deal.

The mushroom/spinach/garlic mix is the key to it all. You don't find that in standard lasagnas. There is this explosion of flavor in every bite as three cheeses and a dime bag worth of basil come together to blow your socks off. It is fabulous as is but I suppose you'd want to add meat to it, so that is the only thing you'd have to figure out. If it were me, I would cook and season the meat separately and then add it to the tomato basil sauce. Honestly though, you don't need it. YMMV

Cyberic

I basically winged it.

First, I sauteed finely chopped mushrooms, spinach and fresh garlic together in olive oil with salt & pepper and basil. In a mixing bowl, I added freshly grated parmesan and fresh chopped basil to 8 ounces of ricotta cheese and mixed with one egg and some salt & pepper. In a greased oblong Pyrex baking dish, I layered tomato basil sauce, Barilla oven-ready lasagne, the ricotta mix, the mushroom/spinach mix, freshly grated mozzarella, freshly grated parmesan, fresh basil, then tomato basil sauce, repeating four times. I topped it with more parmesan and baked it for 30 minutes at 350 and pulled out a hot, bubbly dish of I'm The Fucking Man. Pepperidge Farm garlic toast heated on a cast iron griddle sealed the deal.

The mushroom/spinach/garlic mix is the key to it all. You don't find that in standard lasagnas. There is this explosion of flavor in every bite as three cheeses and a dime bag worth of basil come together to blow your socks off. It is fabulous as is but I suppose you'd want to add meat to it, so that is the only thing you'd have to figure out. If it were me, I would cook and season the meat separately and then add it to the tomato basil sauce. Honestly though, you don't need it. YMMV

The Fucking Man! Sounds delicious, man! I'm not against meat, but it sounds great as is. We usually cook meat-less about 2-3 times a week now. Sometimes with success, and sometimes with lesser success, taste wise. It's all about taste to me and to the woman. Your lasagna, I'd try it as is for sure.

LRB

Congrats on the PR Bluerun!

I'm a Baltimore fan, but they are definitely not perfect.

No team is. Perspective is everything though and I am sitting here with 5 games left in the season rooting for my team to lose so that the front office can get fired. That's 5 games, including a nationally televised affair in four days where "my team" will most likely get caught with its pants down in front of millions, again. #firebobquinn

LRB

The Fucking Man! Sounds delicious, man! I'm not against meat, but it sounds great as is. We usually cook meat-less about 2-3 times a week now. Sometimes with success, and sometimes with lesser success, taste wise. It's all about taste to me and to the woman. Your lasagna, I'd try it as is for sure.

lol - Leftovers, it's what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I want lasagna, waaahh

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Blue, nicely done!!! PR city, baby! You can add this to your accumulating list of kickass for 2019. Big grin

Thursday is more important for that because I haven't run a 5-mile PR since 2017! Except if this doesn't go away by tomorrow I am going to have to call my doctor because my body is trying to kill me, and that might mess things up a bit...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I want lasagna, waaahh

He just gave you a recipe, what's the problem??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I want lasagna, waaahh

+1.

Speaking of food. I was just talking to my wife about our trip to Florida in a few weeks. I mentioned we might want to avoid too many extravagances considering the current situation, however an absolute must is this Cuban restaurant we hit every time we’re there. So good, and tougher to find outside South Florida.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I basically winged it.

O

M

F

G

Do you deliver????!!!!!

I've been meat free for the last 3 years so I don't need any. My family is a different story, but I'm the cook, so they can eat this. Or, better yet, if they need meat I'll make this for myself and grab a Stouffer's frozen lasagna for them, lol. More for me! Big grin

I'm literally copying and pasting this recipe. YUM.

DavePNW

+1 to all this.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

He just gave you a recipe, what's the problem??

I have to buy all the ingredients, hello?  So not tonight.

I do have Korean dumplings for dinner so at least there is that.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

+1.

Speaking of food. I was just talking to my wife about our trip to Florida in a few weeks. I mentioned we might want to avoid too many extravagances considering the current situation, however an absolute must is this Cuban restaurant we hit every time we’re there. So good, and tougher to find outside South Florida.

Which one?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

One of the (many) awesome things in Indy is their pizza.  While Miami had mostly shitty pizza left and right, the ones are AMAZING.  We've hit 4 places so far and all are awesome.  Our favorite is Pies & Pints and $2 beers can't be beat either. It's our new Sunday post LR treat (the pizza too, not the beers, lol).

Damaris

DavePNW

Which one?

It’s called Padrino’s, in West Boca, right near my parents’ place.

Dave