Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Sunny and clear for some, not so much for others (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It’s called Padrino’s, in West Boca, right near my parents’ place.

Interesting name for a Cuban place (Godfather's).  I've never heard of it but most Cuban places in South Florida are true and amazing.  Take pics of the food when you go (for me), please.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hate Ricotta cheese, I do not put that crap in my lasagna... which is finishing up in the oven right now.

Anyways, I think I'll be sending the Ghosts back to runningwarehouse in exchange for another pair of the Guide 13s, and if I can send the Guide ISOs back in exchange for another pair of the Guide 13s, I'll do that too. So far out of the 3, the Guide 13s barely give me any trouble.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Interesting name for a Cuban place (Godfather's).  I've never heard of it but most Cuban places in South Florida are true and amazing.  Take pics of the food when you go (for me), please.

I want fried plantains now.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I want fried plantains now.

You are in Seattle.  Go to the Puerto Rican place that's there.  Mi Isla, La Isla, or Isla del Encanto or something like that.  You're welcome.

After all, fried plantains are Puerto Rican (tostones) but maduros are Cuban (the ripe ones).  Both cultures ate both but that's their specialty.  The more you know.

Damaris

From the Internet.

I hate Ricotta cheese, I do not put that crap in my lasagna... which is finishing up in the oven right now.

Anyways, I think I'll be sending the Ghosts back to runningwarehouse in exchange for another pair of the Guide 13s, and if I can send the Guide ISOs back in exchange for another pair of the Guide 13s, I'll do that too. So far out of the 3, the Guide 13s barely give me any trouble.

WHAT. How the heck do you make lasagna then??

I ran an hour in the cold rain this AM, then we spent the afternoon at my nephew's birthday party. So many cupcakes! So many children!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

WHAT. How the heck do you make lasagna then??

I ran an hour in the cold rain this AM, then we spent the afternoon at my nephew's birthday party. So many cupcakes! So many children!

Without Ricotta..... Duh. My delicious Lotta-Meat-Lasagna is made with tons of meat (90% lean, 10% fat), I love colby/jack cheese (shredded) and mozzarella of course. And I absolutely love Rao's Marinara sauce.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

From the Internet.

Without Ricotta..... Duh. My delicious Lotta-Meat-Lasagna is made with tons of meat (90% lean, 10% fat), I love colby/jack cheese (shredded) and mozzarella of course. And I absolutely love Rao's Marinara sauce.

Ahh that makes sense, I was trying to wrap my head around how you'd fill all that volume without cheese, lol. I love me some ricotta but that sounds right up my alley also!

LRB

Sounds like a giant loose burger. Can I get an order of fries with that? 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ahh that makes sense, I was trying to wrap my head around how you'd fill all that volume without cheese, lol. I love me some ricotta but that sounds right up my alley also!

Lol yeah, I love meat and lots of it with stuff like this. Like my chili doesn't have any beans, just lots and lots of meat. Our Account Controller guy at our shop actually told me that true chili (the chili down in South America) doesn't actually have beans, beans is something people would put in when they didn't have any meat, but Americans actually put beans in with the meat.

I've been craving really spicy chili lately.

Sounds like a giant loose burger. Can I get an order of fries with that? 

Lmao! Thank you for causing me to think of what it would taste like with ketchup, mustard, and pickles...... 

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't like ricotta either and Puerto Ricans do lasagnas with mostly mozzarella and parmesan instead.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

My mom used to make lasagna with cottage cheese. It's creamier than ricotta.

DavePNW

While we’re at it, let’s throw some Kraft American singles on that bad boy.

Dave

RunningOnSand

My mom used to make lasagna with cottage cheese. It's creamier than ricotta.

I also prefer cottage cheese to ricotta. Although I guess I’m more aligned with the Puerto Rican’s, bc I also prefer just mozz with parm.

Cyberic

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just don't try Velveeta

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.