Beginners and Beyond

Bad Humor TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

I use a locker at work as well. I thought everyone did. : shrugs shoulders :

bluerun

Super B****

I am just going to leave this here... THIS DOES NOT QUALIFY AS "BACK CLOSURE." 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Most of the time I leave my wallet and home/car keys in my office at work before I go train, unless I forget. Today, even if they would have broken in, there was nothing of value in my locker except for my office clothes. Of course, it would have been a bit embarassing and uncomfortable to come back to work in my wet shorts and singlet.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That should qualify as contortionist needed to take on and off.

Damaris

DavePNW

Who the hell breaks into a gym locker? Can't possibly be much in there, and high risk of the locker owner walking right in.

I have always used lockers at the gym. Some where it came with a key, and some where you bring your own lock. For the latter, I have always used the cheapest lock (kind with the 3 number wheels), because it seems like a relatively low-risk environment. No key to carry, and set your own 3-digit combination to remember more easily. When I leave stuff in the car, it is in the trunk.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

People are looking for wallets and purses. Which most people bring.

Damaris

Cyberic

People are looking for wallets and purses. Which most people bring.

Yep, or car keys. Then you walk around the parking lot pressing buttons to see the car whose lights are flashing.

I ran 9 today, not 11. The 3 x 2 part was correct. Bad mental km to miles conversion. Interesting, don't you think? 

DavePNW

Makes sense, I guess I am a trusting soul. I have accidentally left running shoes on the locker room floor all day, and returned to find them in the same place. I guess no one steals those. Again though, seems like a high risk to getting caught.

Dave

LRB

Makes sense, I guess I am a trusting soul. I have accidentally left running shoes on the locker room floor all day, and returned to find them in the same place. I guess no one steals those. Again though, seems like a high risk to getting caught.

We are one in the same.

When I lost my cell phone at the theater at few months ago, I had no doubt someone would turn it in. Partly because I would do the same thing, but mostly because the people who frequent this particular one are less likely to steal some shit they cannot use.

Had I been somewhere where riff raff dwell however, that bitch would have been history. lol

LRB

I stayed after work off the clock to try to get some shit done.

It would be nice to do it while getting paid for it (hey, there's a concept) but people are always at my desk chit-chatting so I can never get shit done.

I didn't get anything done by staying either but at least things are organized and ready to get done tomorrow. lol

Little Blue

Lockers are better than leaving stuff in the car. Some popular multi use paths near me are having theft problems because women are leaving their purses on the seat of their car while in the parks. Bad guy breaks into car & steals purse.

Brilliant.   And I thought it was dumb to openly get out of your car and lock the purse in the trunk.  Uh, anyone can be watching.  An acquaintance did that at a movie theatre, and wonder of wonders, it was stolen while she was inside.  Dumb and dumber.

Little Blue

I stayed after work off the clock to try to get some shit done.

It would be nice to do it while getting paid for it (hey, there's a concept) but people are always at my desk chit-chatting so I can never get shit done.

I didn't get anything done by staying either but at least things are organized and ready to get done tomorrow. lol

And how do you minimize the chit-chatting tomorrow?  Sounds like a never ending spiral.  Wait, I know ~ don't go!!

LRB

And how do you minimize the chit-chatting tomorrow?  Sounds like a never ending spiral.  Wait, I know ~ don't go!!

I could be a miserable old orge, barking at everything that moves. But that's not my style, thankfully. Smile

happylily

That looks like a nightmare. What make is that? I want it.

9 miles, with 6x800m intervals that were modestly fast for me. I will call that a victory considering the heat.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

That looks like a nightmare. What make is that? I want it.

lol - I am sure you would kill it!