Beginners and Beyond

Bad Humor TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

I just ate a million deep fried battered mushrooms for dinner, with ranch and hot sauce on the side.

Them shits were yummy son.

onemile

Half Crazy K 2.0

Went over to the track. Did 6-5-4-3-2-1 minute intervals, each one 2x, with 2 minutes rest between each. Would up with 8.25 miles total. I paced around my car just to make sure the Garmin clicked to 8.25 as opposed to 8.24.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Brilliant.   And I thought it was dumb to openly get out of your car and lock the purse in the trunk.  Uh, anyone can be watching.  An acquaintance did that at a movie theatre, and wonder of wonders, it was stolen while she was inside.  Dumb and dumber.

Actually to add to the stupidity, at one park, the rent-a-cops are leaving little red/orange stickers on the cars warning people not to leave valuables sitting in them. So unless said rent-a-cop is constantly watching the vehicle with a purse or other valuable in it, they flagged it so the criminals know which ones to look for. 

Little Blue

Actually to add to the stupidity, at one park, the rent-a-cops are leaving little red/orange stickers on the cars warning people not to leave valuables sitting in them. So unless said rent-a-cop is constantly watching the vehicle with a purse or other valuable in it, they flagged it so the criminals know which ones to look for. 

Well that's handy.

StepbyStep-SH

No running today, just a little pasture hiking with DS and friends at my FIL's farm. A friend and I have taken our kids there the last two years for a day or two in the summer so they can explore, ride on the tractors and 4-wheelers, have a big bonfire, etc. This time they managed to find what we think are a bobcat jawbone and a coyote skull (found in different places), along with having scooped up minnows, tadpoles and dragonfly nymphs from the creek and having fun running down rows of hay bales as the sun went down.

Back to city life now.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

bluerun

Super B****

That looks like a nightmare. What make is that? I want it.

Moving Comfort Juno.  The Rebound Racer is pretty similar, and I own it, so I can verify that THESE THINGS ARE IMPOSSIBLE.

I just got back from a nice little swim and threw a load of laundry into the machine.  Which was stupid because now I have to wait for it to finish washing before I can go to bed. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

No running today, just a little pasture hiking with DS and friends at my FIL's farm. A friend and I have taken our kids there the last two years for a day or two in the summer so they can explore, ride on the tractors and 4-wheelers, have a big bonfire, etc. This time they managed to find what we think are a bobcat jawbone and a coyote skull (found in different places), along with having scooped up minnows, tadpoles and dragonfly nymphs from the creek and having fun running down rows of hay bales as the sun went down.

Back to city life now.

Shit, we need them on the Hoffa case!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up all?

This morning was 63 degrees though I think it was more 59, either way it felt great and amazing and chilly. Rocky enjoyed it, we only ran 3.5 miles due to one loose dog and one skunk.... and a miscalculation of mine.

Then it was off to the gym for Shoulder/Delts

Cable Face Pulls: 70lbsX15reps, 70lbsX15reps, 4 sets / 12 reps / 80 lbs
                    Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 15lbsX12reps, 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX12reps, 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX12reps, 17.5lbsX8reps
                    Torso Rotation: 80lbsX12reps, 85lbsX8reps, 80lbsX12reps, 85lbsX8reps
                    Plate Loaded Shoulder Press: 90lbsX12reps, 80lbsX12reps, 90lbsX8reps, 80lbsX12reps, 90lbsX8reps
                    Front Plate Raises: 5 sets / 15 reps / 35 lbs
                    Rear Delt: 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps
                    Barbell Upright Rows: 45lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps

Thought I took my boy and the dogs for a hike......... felt more like a slow run, so proud of my little runner. He had a PR, taking about 6 minutes off his mile hike/run from last Fall - around 24 minutes, this evening the first mile of our 3 was 19:31 and that included about 40 seconds of pause due to two guys on bikes so hell it would've been under 19 minutes. So pleased with him, the other 2 miles involved lots of tripping so 2nd mile was 21:24 and 22:59. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Moving Comfort Juno.  

I got mine on wicked clearance, but I just cannot get the damn thing on/off with my jacked up shoulder.  And so I feel your pain (literally).

MC Fiona is must easier FWTW.

bluerun

Super B****

I got mine on wicked clearance, but I just cannot get the damn thing on/off with my jacked up shoulder.  And so I feel your pain (literally).

MC Fiona is must easier FWTW.

I'm a Jubralee fan.  Or I WAS, until they screwed something up and now it doesn't fit the same anymore. 

chasing the impossible

Hip Redux

I'm a Jubralee fan.  Or I WAS, until they screwed something up and now it doesn't fit the same anymore. 

I have one of those and yeah... fits strangely.   I'm wearing it now, actually lol

happylily

I'm on the Moving Comfort site and I'm interested in the FineForm and the Hot Shot models. I know I'm going to sound stupid, but... is it ok to run outside with those bras on alone, or are we supposed to wear a shirt over them? I have some bras that are called "running" bras and they look exactly like my regular bras, so I wear a tank on top. But with those 2 models, I think I'd just wear them without covering. What do you think?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

I have one of those and yeah... fits strangely.   I'm wearing it now, actually lol

It used to be so much better!!  I now prefer the fit of the Fiona, but I feel like the Jubralee is so much more supportive.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I'm on the Moving Comfort site and I'm interested in the FineForm and the Hot Shot models. I know I'm going to sound stupid, but... is it ok to run outside with those bras on alone, or are we supposed to wear a shirt over them? I have some bras that are called "running" bras and they look exactly like my regular bras, so I wear a tank on top. But with those 2 models, I think I'd just wear them without covering. What do you think?

I see plenty of people doing that.  If you're comfortable with it, there's no reason why you can't skip the shirt.

chasing the impossible