Beginners and Beyond

The calm before the Saturdailies (Read 28 times)

LRB

When I ran Boston it measured 26.42. It's like no one can put up an accurate course. 

7 miles for me today

Detroit 2014 measured at 26.44 for me. That's like 2 minutes I lost geezus.

Baboon

delicate flower

My 2015 New Jersey Marathon measured 26.5 and the extra distance cost me a BQ by a minute, which is fine because I would have missed the cutoff so it saved me five months of stress that would have ended in disappointment.

<3

DavePNW

At least you got a measurement! I lost signal in the tunnel (as well as when we ran on the freaking freeway and went under the overpass), and the watch I had at the time couldn't cope.

MTA: it was for the best, that thing was a suckfest.

Dave

No more marathons

As a PhatOldMan I've run 4 marathons.

Boston measured the longest at 26.5, and Quebec and Asheville measured 26.4.

On the other hand,  my BQ in Greenville, SC came in 26.1 - but FTS, it counted.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

Other than the two where I have no split data, mine have ranged from 26.32 to 26.39. Except the one that was 26.15 (Tacoma). 

For the purpose of goal pace calculation, I generally assume races will end up ~13.2/26.4.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Sitting in the Guardians 2 pregame.  Got a wife and a couple of Oskis next to me.

<3

DavePNW

Sitting in the Guardians 2 pregame.  Got a wife and a couple of Oskis next to me.

Woo hoo! I want to see every one of the movies in the previews too.

Oh, and don't forget to stay through the credits.

Dave

LRB

I just left, saw it in Imax 3D this time and stayed for the scenes after the credits. I should've left after the movie was over like I did the first time. lol

LRB

Thor looks good. I don't like how they do Spiderman but having Ironman/Tony Stark in it makes it a must see for me. Transformers also looked good, this despite me walking out on Transformers 3 a million years ago and not seeing another since.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thor looks good. I don't like how they do Spiderman but having Ironman/Tony Stark in it makes it a must see for me. Transformers also looked good, this despite me walking out on Transformers 3 a million years ago and not seeing another since.

You might have to see Transformers 4 to understand this one. Not the ones before; just that one.

Damaris

DavePNW

OK that was one I have no interest in. Never seen one, not gonna start now.

I thought The Mummy looked especially cool. Although sort of looked like the female version of X-Men Apocalypse, ha.

Dave

Hip Redux

I really hope Wonder Woman doesn't suck.

LRB

OK that was one I have no interest in. Never seen one, not gonna start now.

I thought The Mummy looked especially cool. Although sort of looked like the female version of X-Men Apocalypse, ha.

Agreed. I'll be there. 👍

LRB

I really hope Wonder Woman doesn't suck.

Marvel is unfamiliar with that concept.

DavePNW

Marvel is unfamiliar with that concept.

Well of course Wonder Woman is DC, and they don't have quite the track record.

Dave