Beginners and Beyond

Clingy ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

Zelanie

I always end up in the middle.  I've been traveling for work mostly lately, and I'll swap with a coworker who won't fit in the middle.  So at least there's that.

LRB

Oh, and sleeping on plane ain't happenin! I have no idea what's up with that but I could be sleep deprived and fatigued to near comatose levels and my body would fight it. It's stupid. Now, I can nod off for brief spells here and there, but full on, out cold sleep like EVERYONE around me is doing? Nope. 

DavePNW

Oh, and sleeping on plane ain't happenin! I have no idea what's up with that but I could be sleep deprived and fatigued to near comatose levels and my body would fight it. It's stupid. Now, I can nod off for brief spells here and there, but full on, out cold sleep like EVERYONE around me is doing? Nope. 

+1. Until I discovered Ambien. I use it on international flights; still only gets me 2-4 hours, but better than nothing.

Dave

Zelanie

I couldn't really sleep on planes or in cars until I was in Costa Rica and got used to taking red-eye buses around the country.  You don't get the same amount of sleep, but you get enough, and it was always appreciated later.

I think I'll just run 1 today.  My RHR is off the charts for some reason.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate non aisle seats. I love flying but being cooped up with large people around me make me vomit.  Plus I pee a lot

Damaris

Cyberic

100% leg room for me. But I never fly alone. It's either with family or co-workers, and everybody always gives me the aisle.

And sleeping on a plane ain't happening here either. I don't think I even doze for 5 minutes. maybe I do, but as far as I know, it's not at all.

onemile

+1. Until I discovered Ambien. I use it on international flights; still only gets me 2-4 hours, but better than nothing.

I took Ambien once. It made my laptop screen look like it was melting and then I looked in the mirror and I had three heads so I went to lay down and without warning puked all over.  But I did sleep realllly well. 

LRB

I hate non aisle seats. I love flying but being cooped up with large people around me make me vomit.  Plus I pee a lot

I spelled cooped with a U. 

bluerun

Super B****

I spelled cooped with a U. 

I noticed that.  I deserve a gold star for not pointing it out.

Sleeping on a plane?! I can't even sleep in my bed.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I noticed that.  I deserve a gold star for not pointing it out.

Yeah, for you, that's impressive!

lol - Good way to put that!

Brilliant

Me, too.  I got a 5 hours of sleep on our flight to Spain in March.  It made all the difference in how I felt the day we arrived.  I wasn't a complete Zombie and even managed to stay awake until midnight like the Spaniards do.  Ima gonna do the same again on our trip next March.

Brilliant

Ha - I have bathroom insecurity when I travel, especially on planes.  What if they turn on the fasten seat belt sign just when I really really need to go?!  So I go to the lav pretty much every hour to empty out, just in case.

LRB

I'm in the dentist's chair. Blah. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha - I have bathroom insecurity when I travel, especially on planes.  What if they turn on the fasten seat belt sign just when I really really need to go?!  So I go to the lav pretty much every hour to empty out, just in case.

I have gone to the restroom while that sign is on.  One time, I think I went like 5 minutes after takeoff.  It was still going up but I really couldn't wait any longer.  That's what they get for keeping us on the tarmac on a conga line of planes.

Damaris

onemile

How did the appointment go PleasantRidge?