Beginners and Beyond

Recover Sundailies (Read 40 times)

hog4life

RD and Recover while working. My legs are not too sore, but two of my toenails are killing me.

Re: from yesterday, Swift Wick only for me. I use the thinner ones almost year round, but use the wool when it gets really cold.

Whatcha doing today?

delicate flower

I've got an 8 mile run to do.  We got 6" of snow yesterday/last night so the roads are covered in the aftermath of that (frozen slush, ice, packed snow).  I'm about to go grocery shopping and will scope out a route.  If the roads are good enough, I'll run outside.  Otherwise, treadmill.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh well. McMillan said I could run a 2:05. I ran a 2:05:10. 40 secs slower than my 6 year old PR.  Boom!

And my husband broke the PR he just got two weeks ago. Now it’s 2:18:15.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

No running for me. Need to rest up for the mileage game finals. Will get in some upper body strength training at some point today.

Docket, great race!

LRB

Trying to figure out where to run with the stupid snow screwing stuff up. It's not a lot, but even a little could spell soreness for my right achilles tendon, so I have to be mindful of it.

I feel weird complaining about the weather after the magnificent year we've had here in the big mitten, but baby, it's cold out there...relatively speaking of course. Of course.

RunningOnSand

Oh well. McMillan said I could run a 2:05. I ran a 2:05:10. 40 secs slower than my 6 year old PR.  Boom!

Awesome job, Docket & Mr. Docket!

Snow: it certainly does put a damper on running. Big grin Today's a SRD for me, and I'm glad. Just heating up some homemade croissants and drinking the nectar of gods.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Great job!!! And to your hubby as well!   For an impromptu Half, that's freakin' amazing.

Hog - Rest up.

To all you snow bunnies... I've got nothin'.  Make snow angels?

I'm going bowling today.  Does that count as a workout?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

URD #2. Back is the same. 

Dave

Cyberic

20 in the snow.

69.3 for the week.

MTA: Snow, even a little bit, definitely makes it a bit tougher on the legs. Almost fell two or three times, too. I lost the hang of it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great races for me do not happen often, but when they do, the splits look perfect...  I am glad I didn't let go until after Mile 6, because even at Mile 11 I was afraid of a crash.

Damaris

hog4life

Docket, congrats on a strong race. My half PR is several years old, and although I've come within 20-30 seconds a couple of times, I don't think I'll ever break it!

Quickadder

Docket, fantastic consistency on those mile splits and a great result. I’m intrigued by the HR data - your average HR dropped as the race went on and got down to 95 towards the end - what is your secret?

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket, congrats on a strong race. My half PR is several years old, and although I've come within 20-30 seconds a couple of times, I don't think I'll ever break it!

This one was around 40 seconds but I have not been able to run this fast in close to 6 years.  This looks to be my third fastest HM ever, so even if I don't break the real PR, it's close enough for me to be happy!

Oh, to be young again, right?

Damaris

Cyberic

Wow D_R! If your health can keep on behaving, you'll be running PRs again pretty soon!

Cyberic