Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies marathoners and whatnot (Read 53 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning and wake up now!  Good luck to LRB and onemile today at IMM!!  And according to the race thread, Ric-G has a marathon today too, so good luck to him as well!  I haven't seen Ric talking about it non-stop though so I'm not really convinced that is actually taking place.

I'm finishing this bagel then headed to my 5K.  Busy day ahead....

Speak up!

<3

Cyberic

I was preparing the Saturdailies and smartly pressed Refresh before I posted. Thanks for starting them Babs. Good luck today!

With all the racing going on today, we'll be avidly awaiting results in front of our computers. Stalkers are welcome to post their findings!

Little Blue

Good morning, gentlemen!

I had plans to motivate this morning, but it is raining, with embedded thunderstorms.  Lots of pretty colors on the radar.  I think not.

I looked at the IMM site, but it looks like tracking by notification only.  Hopefully someone signed up and will be updating.

DavePNW

Good luck LRB & onemile!

Baboon: does your 5k precede a parade? Because we were informed last night that traffic & parking near the church for this wedding is going to suck, due to some dumb parade. So I assume that is the Baboon 5k victory parade.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck to all racers.

Getting ready to take Dorian to the shop so my mom can watch him while I go get my ass kicked at this 5k race.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue

Good luck LRB & onemile!

Baboon: does your 5k precede a parade? Because we were informed last night that traffic & parking near the church for this wedding is going to suck, due to some dumb parade. So I assume that is the Baboon 5k victory parade.

LOL!

From the Internet.

Good luck racers! Big grin

I might run a couple easy miles or I might not. Wasn't feeling it when I first got up, so I had a bagel and coffee and now I will go fold some laundry while my brain wakes up.

6 hour race tomorrow! Big grin D: Packing should be fun, so many more things to consider versus a normal race! 2.7 mile loop with plenty of space near the start/finish/aid area to leave a cooler and/or drop bag. I'll be bringing extra shoes/socks (primarily because I don't want to put 3.5-4 hours of walking on the running shoes I just took out of the box), extra shirt and hoodie for when I switch from running to walking, sweatpants to throw over shorts/capris, Bodyglide, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat. The aid station looks like it'll be pretty well-stocked and I won't likely need to bring any of my own food or water but I might pack a couple small things and my handheld bottle just in case.

Baboon

delicate flower

Good luck LRB & onemile!

You have 52 minutes to get your ass over here.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Woke up choking with asthma congestion.  Hoping it was not the office that did this.  Anyway, RD for me.

Tracking onemile and LRB, looking good so far!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But it looks like the stomach flu/bug has lessened.  We'll see when I eat breakfast!

Damaris

DavePNW

Good luck racers! Big grin

I might run a couple easy miles or I might not. Wasn't feeling it when I first got up, so I had a bagel and coffee and now I will go fold some laundry while my brain wakes up.

6 hour race tomorrow! Big grin D: Packing should be fun, so many more things to consider versus a normal race! 2.7 mile loop with plenty of space near the start/finish/aid area to leave a cooler and/or drop bag. I'll be bringing extra shoes/socks (primarily because I don't want to put 3.5-4 hours of walking on the running shoes I just took out of the box), extra shirt and hoodie for when I switch from running to walking, sweatpants to throw over shorts/capris, Bodyglide, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat. The aid station looks like it'll be pretty well-stocked and I won't likely need to bring any of my own food or water but I might pack a couple small things and my handheld bottle just in case.

Goal?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got a text from LRB.  He DNFd at Mile 8.  He will post a bit later.  Hope he is OK.

Damaris

DavePNW

I got a text from LRB.  He DNFd at Mile 8.  He will post a bit later.  Hope he is OK.

Arrrgh!!!

Dave

DavePNW

9 miles. And no that was not a bluerun-style warmup to join Baboon in his 5k.

Dave

From the Internet.

Goal?

Primary goal is not to get hurt on this silly adventure and use good judgment as to when I should drop out, reach goal is to put in a decent long run (somewhere in the 12-15 mile range) and then walk or walk/jog the rest of the way to 10 laps (27 miles) before 6 hours is up so I can get the cool ultramarathon finisher's prize. The idea of recovery scares me, though, so this won't be super likely to happen unless I'm feeling REALLY good.