Former Bad Ass

I ran 1:29:56 at fox cities today. Almost 2 min PR and I think 3rd female

Boom!

Damaris

Cyberic

You killed it! 

DavePNW

Such awesomeness.

The forum is on fire this weekend.

Dave

delicate flower

Excellent!

<3

LRB

Omigosh, more tiles for the bathroom!!

You were due for a sub-1:30, overdue really. Congrat, it's rarefied air!

LRB

MTA - you buried the lead - congrats on the AG win!!

Really? I've been so busy sulking I didn't bother with any of that. lol I left immediately.

Runshortii

That's awesome!! You've been wanting to break 1:30 for a while right?

LRB still a nice race even though it's not quite what you wanted

LRB- Nice race even though it didn't go as planned. Its always better to be more aggressive with pacing IMO...you would have regretted it if you finished slower than you wanted with gas left in the tank.

onemile- Holy sub 1:30....Congrats!

I debated whether to do this mornings workout on the Canal path or the Park and decided on the Park since there is a fugitive on the loose near the canal trail where I'd be running. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Much cooler and rainy as I began my run. Started my warmup and the legs immediatly felt heavy...still acclimating to the 40+ weeks. Ran into my training partner as I was doing my warm up...when you run so many miles with someone you can spot their stride a mile away.

Workout consisted of a 5M pre-fatigue followed by 4M @ MP then right into 2M @ HMP + 1M cool down. Kept the warm up pretty slow like 8:30ish then hit the MP miles> 6:37,41,30,39 (Not too bad but the wind was slowing me considerably on the runway portion of the park)

Last 2M were at HM goal pace (6:15) First mile didn't feel to bad 6:12....starting to get in the groove now....the second mile I had a 3/4M portion straight into the wind which sucked 6:17 on that one....the wind really made me work for it. Really happy with this workout and look forward to the even tougher ones to come.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

DavePNW

I want everyone right now to look at onemile's freaking splits. Holy metronome, Batman!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A thing of beauty!

Damaris

onemile

I want everyone right now to look at onemile's freaking splits. Holy metronome, Batman!

I actually thought I had some good cushion under 1:30 but my garmin ended up measuring long (it's a certified course) so then when I saw the finish clock had to dig deep and find some kick.

Looks like 4th woman, not 3rd. Dang.

onemile

Also the 1:30 pacers dropped me by mile 2 and by the 2nd half they were so far ahead I could no longer see them. I actually ran alone for a good portion

onemile

Omigosh, more tiles for the bathroom!!

You were due for a sub-1:30, overdue really. Congrat, it's rarefied air!

Last year instead of a tile they sent a plastic plaque 

LRB

Last year instead of a tile they sent a plastic plaque 

Bitches.

Cyberic

My watch almost always measures long on courses with lots of turns and turnarounds. Can't really rely on it for an exact thing like a sub 1:30. Only thing it's good for is to give me an idea of whether I'm going too slow or too fast.

When (if I ever) try for a sub3, I will go on a pace that will give me a 26.4 miles in sub3, or maybe even 26.5 miles. Otherwise, I will come out short, for sure.