Beginners and Beyond

Cool as a Sundailies! (Read 35 times)

onemile

My watch almost always measures long on courses with lots of turns and turnarounds. Can't really rely on it for an exact thing like a sub 1:30. Only thing it's good for is to give me an idea of whether I'm going too slow or too fast.

When (if I ever) try for a sub3, I will go on a pace that will give me a 26.4 miles in sub3, or maybe even 26.5 miles. Otherwise, I will come out short, for sure.

Yup. If I had aimed for 1:30 pace on my watch it would have ended up too slow. But I was running by effort mostly

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

KCRuns

Holy Smokes, LRB and Onemile, y’all are fast! Nice job on your races this morning!!

16 miles for me.  I ran 8 easy, then 8 at marathon pace with a fast finish. Goal was 11:15 or faster, pace miles averaged 11:01. It was a chilly 46 when I started, but warmed up to 70 by the end. It was a nice morning for running!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

LRB, Onemile - Congrats on strong races today.  Well done indeed!

10 easy for me, after 10 easy yesterday.  Trying to keep working in more hill climbing.  Six weeks to go.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

DavePNW

I will go on a pace that will give me a 26.4 miles 

Yeah. I usually set my pace goal based on 13.2 for a half, and 26.4 for a marathon. That's one thing that really helped me at my PR/BQ last fall - my watch actually had it slightly short, which doesn't happen very often in a marathon.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

20 @ 10:21mm or somethinglike that.  Two movies and part of another.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

11 miles with 800 ft elevation, with 6x 1 min fartlek at 10k effort at the beginning of each of the last 6 miles. Why is it still 80 degrees??

Good racing Onemile! Good effort LRB! Amazing 20 miler on the TM, Docket!

DavePNW

7 miles, 32 for the week.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

11 miles with 800 ft elevation, with 6x 1 min fartlek at 10k pace at the beginning of each of the last 6 miles. Why is it still 80 degrees??

Good racing Onemile! Good effort LRB! Amazing 20 miler on the TM, Docket!

Nice workout!  I wish it was only 80 degrees. 

Damaris

Runshortii

I want everyone right now to look at onemile's freaking splits. Holy metronome, Batman!

I was admiring those as well

Runshortii

I ran 15. 2 mile w.u, 2x5 miles @ MP with a one mile recovery in between and a 2 mile cool down. Goal was sub 8. All my splits were in the 7:40s except one 7:50. Not sure I can run 26.2 of those though, but Chicago is a lot flatter so idk

Also the 1:30 pacers dropped me by mile 2 and by the 2nd half they were so far ahead I could no longer see them. I actually ran alone for a good portion

Long time dailies lurker here - I enjoy reading about some of the crazy workouts some of you are given by your coaches.

just an FYI: I ran right behind the 1:30 pacers for most of the race. At either mile 3 or 4 both their gps' (and mine) suddenly started marking the miles considerably in front of the on course mile markers. Because of this, our pace was fine for 1:30 but the elapsed time had fallen behind where their pace bands said they should be at the mile splits. They sped up to get that more in line; but then seemed incapable of slowing it back down again. At mile 11 we were almost 2 minutes ahead of schedule and by then there were only two of us left with them.

RunningOnSand

LRB, Onemile - Congrats on strong races today.  Well done indeed!

10 easy for me, after 10 easy yesterday.  Trying to keep working in more hill climbing.  Six weeks to go.

Twinsies.

LRB & Onemile, you both are wicked fast. Nicely done to the two of you.

Everyone else looks to be having some kickass runs today, too. Nice work, team!

I ran 14.5 early in the morning--I started out wearing my headlamp and ran in 50* weather. It was glorious!

Runshortii

Yup. If I had aimed for 1:30 pace on my watch it would have ended up too slow. But I was running by effort mostly

Are you pacing Lakefront this year?

onemile

Long time dailies lurker here - I enjoy reading about some of the crazy workouts some of you are given by your coaches.

just an FYI: I ran right behind the 1:30 pacers for most of the race. At either mile 3 or 4 both their gps' (and mine) suddenly started marking the miles considerably in front of the on course mile markers. Because of this, our pace was fine for 1:30 but the elapsed time had fallen behind where their pace bands said they should be at the mile splits. They sped up to get that more in line; but then seemed incapable of slowing it back down again. At mile 11 we were almost 2 minutes ahead of schedule and by then there were only two of us left with them.

Oh interesting. Mine started lapping ahead of the mile markers too around there. I didn't try to catch up because I was already pushing it. Looks like you had a great run. Congrats!