Cool as a Sundailies! (Read 35 times)

onemile

Are you pacing Lakefront this year?

Yes, 3:45 group

Runshortii

Yes, 3:45 group

Nice! I think sometime down the road pacing a marathon would be fun

DavePNW

Nice! I think sometime down the road pacing a marathon would be fun terrifying

FYP. I think I would feel a lot of stress with other people's hopes & dreams in my hands. I'm fully accustomed to crushing my own, but I'd hate to do that to others.

Dave

Cyberic

Yeah. I usually set my pace goal based on 13.2 for a half, and 26.4 for a marathon. That's one thing that really helped me at my PR/BQ last fall - my watch actually had it slightly short, which doesn't happen very often in a marathon.

Planning for it to measure long, and it measures short is much better than many other scenarios.

Cyberic

FYP. I think I would feel a lot of stress with other people's hopes & dreams in my hands. I'm fully accustomed to crushing my own, but I'd hate to do that to others.

I know, right? But it still is something I might consider next year or so. I know the chief pacer for a local series of races, and for the R&R Montreal event. I think I could get a spot if I wanted one.

onemile

Planning for it to measure long, and it measures short is much better than many other scenarios.

You can plan all you want but it won't make you be able to run faster than you can...

Cyberic

You can plan all you want but it won't make you be able to run faster than you can...

Good point. That is why I'm not attempting a sub3 this fall. Whatever my planning and pace calculations, I'd fall short.

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 4 miles. Cool and rainy, so unusual.

LRB, nice race! I know it's not what you were shooting.

Onemile, wow! A 2 minute PR is HUGE! Congrats on the AG win and OA placement.

Cyberic

PRs are not easy to come by

GinnyinPA

LRB - I'm sorry you didn't do as well as you hoped, but you still ran a good pace. What's your next attempt?

Onemile - A 2 minute PR is huge. Congratulations.

On-WI - sounds like you had a good race too.

re: measuring long - Most of us at Boston showed at least 26.5. There aren't a lot of turns, but there are a lot of people. For people wanting to requalify, it is definitely a consideration.

Pacing requires a combination of talents: not just the ability to run a very consistent pace, but also being able to do it while conversing with a variety of people. My one attempt at using a pacer was a disaster because he couldn't do both at the same time.

Today I ran 8.3 in a light misty rain. I didn't actually get as wet as I usually do with heat and humidity, and it was a whole lot cooler.