Beginners and Beyond

What up doe Friday DAILIES! (Read 42 times)

Cyberic

Easy 4 miles, no dear, no sneezing, no coughing, just plain uneventful running.

Tomorrow a little race. These things stress me. Having a beer right now to fight the stress. During my lunch run, I felt like there was no way I could run a sub 20 5k tomorrow. Then, at 4 when I left work, I was ready to go for a PR and an AG award. I have no idea how I'll feel (mentally) tomorrow. Weather should be warm, but nice. No change in the forecast from yesterday. No excuses. Hopefully the Montreal Canadiens will win their game tonight to get me pumped up! Go Habs go!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Please don't say 'doe", LRB...I got knocked down by one of those on my park trail run yesterday!  Stupid deer... 

There's only one solution to this. Whenever you go out, always take a date. Never go stag.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Took Rocky and Dorian for a 3 mile walk this afternoon, Rocky is just itching to run so bad... which is why tomorrow will be on the trails so I don't have to have his crazy ass on a leash.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pilates and 7 miles done.  The nausea controlled itself a bit but it was horrid for most of the day.

Damaris

workinprogress11

6 out of town miles.

StepbyStep-SH

My knee felt fine while I was out this morning, but it's getting cranky this evening. Fingers crossed I can still run at least a few minutes of the 5k DS and I are doing tomorrow. At first, he was all gung-ho to run it, now he's getting nervous and may end up hanging back with me. I'm hopeful that once we're out there, when I slow down for a walk break, he'll be willing to just keep running.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

6 out of town miles.

Need more info.

Dave

LRB

Easy 4 miles, no dear, no sneezing, no coughing, just plain uneventful running.

Tomorrow a little race. These things stress me. Having a beer right now to fight the stress. During my lunch run, I felt like there was no way I could run a sub 20 5k tomorrow. Then, at 4 when I left work, I was ready to go for a PR and an AG award. I have no idea how I'll feel (mentally) tomorrow. Weather should be warm, but nice. No change in the forecast from yesterday. No excuses. Hopefully the Montreal Canadiens will win their game tonight to get me pumped up! Go Habs go!

Your training (along with many of your other peeps in the dailies) is second to none.  Go out there and represent the crew yo.

DavePNW

Having a beer right now to fight the stress carb load.

This is me.

Dave

LRB

This is me.

Sub-7:00's across the board.

Don't think, just do it.

DavePNW

Sub-7:00's across the board.

Don't think, just do it.

You remember I'm doing the 10k, right?

Dave

B-Plus

Your training (along with many of your other peeps in the dailies) is second to none.  Go out there and represent the crew yo.

LRB

You remember I'm doing the 10k, right?

What was the first thing I said? Don't think, just do it. And WTF did you do? Started thinking.

You ran a 6:53 6th mile a year ago. There is no reason you cannot run 6-6:58's G, no reason at all. That's child's play for you homey, believe me. Just keep it smooth and you will see it to be true.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

There goes the neighborhood. lol