Beginners and Beyond

Week 40 Penguins are ... less than perfect. (09/30-10/6) (Read 7 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today had so many holidays, it was hard to pick one!  International Coffee Day was a contender, as was Homemade Cookie Day, International Music Day, National Black Dog Day, International Raccoon Appreciation Day, and World Vegetarian Day.  But in the end, I settled for Less Than Perfect Day, because I am a mascot for that day.

Though we did happen to eat vegetarian yesterday, accidentally.

And does anybody really appreciate raccoons?  Don't they get into everything?

Lovely bike ride today, except that they're striping more of the new bike lane, so that was sort of stinky.

Happy Monday, all!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I'm a vegetarian so I got that cover! Ha.

I have 7 miles tonight.  Forgot my antibiotics for this afternoon, yay me.  At least I brought my BP meds for that same timeframe, so I'm not entirely stupid today.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

D - how is the tooth feeling? Are the antibiotics helping? Enjoy your 7 this evening.

HM - I hope you don't run over the paint. That can make a mess of your nice bike.

RD here.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No headaches since so I think they are helping for sure, thanks for asking.

Enjoy the rest.

HopesMom, hoping the bike lane does not end up looking like a tiny sliver on the road.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Mostly they were over there, and I was over here (can you see the hand motions?) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy!  I biked out in my brand new against-traffic bike lane yesterday, and it was considerably more peaceful (and less pothole-y) than the road I usually ride out on, so I think that's a winner.  I'll be interested to see how it looks today -- there's a farmer's market that I'm pretty sure happens on Tuesdays, so that either might be fun or a pain to ride past, depending on where people park.

Wrote down my list of stuff I need to do today ... and it's really long.  Dangit. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay for a better bike lane!

I have Pilates and 7 with 2 @ MP.  Did not sleep much last night, so weird.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, all!!  So I'd kinda given up my yoga practice (such as it is) when I started biking, and this week I put my yoga mat back down.  And I am TIRED, y'all!!  Apparently the yoga was doing more for me than I'd realized, because combining it with biking is kicking my butt.  Which probably means it's a worthwhile thing to do.  So, three days of biking and yoga done.  Well, except that I still have to bike back out to my car.  But you know what I mean.

And tomorrow will be yoga only, because I don't have time to bike on seminar Thursdays, and tomorrow is a Seminar Thursday.

Biking back out past the farmers' market was just fine -- I stayed in my lane, and cars squeezed between my lane and the parked cars pretty handily.  The only iffy one was when I suddenly had to share the road with parked cars and a school bus.  But even that was ok.  So kudos to the city of Richmond for figuring out a nice bike lane for me!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad you got back to yoga and hoping your body adjusts quickly.

I have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - it is good to get back into the yoga, I think. I'm really erratic with it, so it is always much more difficult than it should be. When I run on the TM, it's easy to follow it by some yoga. Otherwise I just don't think about it.

D - enjoy your 6 this evening. When do you fly north? Is it supposed to be cool?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope, it will be warm.  72F is the high.  I leave Saturday.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, sleepyheads!  Oh wait, that's me.  Anyway, no biking today due to Seminar Thursday (time is just a little short after seminar and before chorus), but I did get the yoga done.  Although today was not about stretching, strengthening, or zen.  It was apparently all about "how exactly do I pet the cat in this pose?" 

The chorus is doing a Halloween show this year, and the final costume approval is tonight.  I'm Madame Ruth (from Love Potion #9), so I'm wearing a black and white striped skirt, a blue tank top, a fringed black jacket/cascade/thingy with birds all over it, huge silver earrings, and a glittery mesh beaded gypsy cap.  It should be quite comical.  No pics, we don't want to give the show away!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 miles tonight.  I am working from home today and heading to the office tomorrow.  Not sure if the poor staff understands that I am out on Tuesday and in court/home the rest of the week and they won't see me for a week plus as of tomorrow.  I don't see a problem with that, lol.

HopesMom, of course the cat thought it was TLC time.  Figures.  Enjoy tonight's seminar and practice.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - Ben always figures that if I'm on the floor, the only purpose is to rub his belly. So I do. Have fun with chorus tonight. I hope the seminar is an interesting one.

D - if you're working from home or at court you don't have to deal with difficult co-workers, which is always a win. I take it you're flying north on Saturday?