Beginners and Beyond

HumpDay WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today kind of sucks....

I'm not sure how or what happened but I was suddenly awakened at 1 AM to my cat digging his claws into my big toe (he was on top of the covers, I underneath)........... I about kicked him across the room but I didn't. Not sure I had nearly knocked him off the bed while he was sleeping or if my foot bumped him and scared the shit out of him but I was bleeding and had to get a band-aid.

When my alarm went off at 2:50, I said fuck it. My shoulders and upper back was sore and my legs and butt are still sore too so I decided that today might just be a complete rest day..........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I finally have a finish time for Sunday's race... and they had so many photographers, and the photos are all free, and I found this one that I love because I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD.

Great pic, you look strong!! After the half marathon 2 weeks ago or whatever, I am going to be wearing sunglasses during any race unless it is actually either at night or in the woods........ I have such a horrible face without sunglasses when running.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Great pic, you look strong!! After the half marathon 2 weeks ago or whatever, I am going to be wearing sunglasses during any race unless it is actually either at night or in the woods........ I have such a horrible face without sunglasses when running.

I ALWAYS wear sunglasses unless it's actually raining (or completely on trails), because then drops bead up on the lenses and I can't see.  A couple of years ago I passed some guy on the course of the NYC Half who told me I was an idiot for wearing sunglasses when it was so cloudy.  Maybe, but I'm an idiot who's passing you, so...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I DO NOT WANT THAT.  The only thing I like about the 630 that the 620 doesn't have is that the backlight can turn on when I rotate my wrist.  But I want a running watch to be just a running watch, not something that can bombard me with notifications.  (Yes, I know I can turn that off, but then what's the point in upgrading?  Oh, right.  Mine keeps crapping out.)

Shouldn't the 640 be coming out sometime soon??  (Or 645, or whatever the hell number they're going to use.)

The wrist turn auto-on feature is great, however, the light is not as bright as its predecessor, so I sometimes struggle seeing it depending on what screen I am looking at.

lol - Yes, I am waiting on the "640" as well. Did they make a 635? Or will the new one be a 245?

bluerun

Super B****

The wrist turn auto-on feature is great, however, the light is not as bright as its predecessor, so I sometimes struggle seeing it depending on what screen I am looking at.

lol - Yes, I am waiting on the "640" as well. Did they make a 635? Or will the new one be a 245?

The Google, which is not necessarily correct, tells me that it will be the 645... and the models ending with a 5 are the integrated-HR ones, so they might be doing away with the 620/630 model.  What happens to all the fancy running dynamics if they do that?!

chasing the impossible

LRB

The Google, which is not necessarily correct, tells me that it will be the 645... and the models ending with a 5 are the integrated-HR ones, so they might be doing away with the 620/630 model.  What happens to all the fancy running dynamics if they do that?!

I would imagine that there will be a 640 then, since running dynamics could not be attained without the HR strap, unless that is not the case anymore.

bluerun

Super B****

I would imagine that there will be a 640 then, since running dynamics could not be attained without the HR strap, unless that is not the case anymore.

Much as I love the idea of wrist-based HR, I do want the option of a chest strap... because wrist-based HR is useless if I'm wearing long sleeves and want to look at my watch.

chasing the impossible

Nice pic Blue!  Free race pictures... someday I'll find a race that has these, and great rejoicing will be had.  And I 100% agree: sunglasses are not optional.  Ever.  In fact, I am not entirely sure they aren't necessary at night, I mean, there's a song.  I have really sensitive eyes, I wear them when it's raining and most other times no one else is wearing them.  Looking back at pictures from when I was 4 years old and up, this has always been the case.  You know what I don't have?  Massive wrinkles from squinting.  Also don't have retina damage from UV.  So yeah, I say smart choice. 

Since we're here to talk about running, I went running this morning.  It was 70, 30% humidity, and compared to yesterday's suckfest, absolutely fantastic conditions.  Speed day, 2 mile warm up, 2x 1 mile @ 10K pace with 2:20 jog recoveries, and 3.5 cool down for a total of 8.

OFR, Imma pm you because I don't know what 10K pace is supposed to be, I need help.

Now I need to make breakfast, I had to get in early for court call and didn't have time to make my daily omelette    I guess it's oatmeal from the snack drawer.

DavePNW

What I need is some kind of magnifying feature, because there are getting to be times I have trouble reading it without my reading glasses. #old

Dave

onemile

Nice pic.

8 miles w/8x2min as per Coach O's instructions.

How do your legs feel?

DavePNW

I guess it's oatmeal 

This is my breakfast every single day.

I never wear sunglasses, training or race. Always thought they'd get covered with sweat, and just never tried it. Wait, I lied - one time I ran after an eye doctor's appointment, with dilated eyes. I put on sunglasses for that. If the sun is really bad I'll wear a hat, but even that is pretty rare. Most of my runs are in the dark anyway.

Dave

onemile

I liked the 620 better than the 630 although the charging clip on the 630 is a lot better.

I think it's the dimness of the screen and the vibrations are muted too that make me dislike the 630. It's also uglier.

But my 620 did not last long and I went through 3 charging cables and now it is completely dead, can't get it to charge at all.

DavePNW

How do your legs feel?

Sluggish at the start (first rep was about 8 mpm), but ultimately not too bad. Running 3.1 miles at 5k pace still feels like it would be hard. Which it would be anyway. Going into any race I can never tell how I'm going to do, so we'll just have to see.

Dave

DavePNW

OFR, Imma pm you because I don't know what 10K pace is supposed to be, I need help.

Ya know, there are a number  of people here who can help you with this (and enjoy doing so); no need to conduct via PM unless you really want to.

Dave

This is my breakfast every single day.

It makes me feel better that someone else has "one thing."  I don't like change.  I embrace the groove.  Currently my groove is a 2 egg omelette with feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and a handful of fresh basil (better than spinach).  But today, I shall eat oatmeal in solidarity with you.