Beginners and Beyond

HumpDay WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

DavePNW

It makes me feel better that someone else has "one thing."  I don't like change.  I embrace the groove.  Currently my groove is a 2 egg omelette with feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and a handful of fresh basil (better than spinach).  But today, I shall eat oatmeal in solidarity with you.

Damn, your "one thing" is way better than mine. But I think it would be tough to prepare in the office break room and eat at my desk. I eat at work after my morning run.

I use Quaker "Real Medleys" instant oatmeal cups, which come preloaded with various dried fruit & nuts. And often add almonds. There are some other brands that are a bit better, but also more expensive.

Dave

LRB

I liked the 620 better than the 630 although the charging clip on the 630 is a lot better.

I think it's the dimness of the screen and the vibrations are muted too that make me dislike the 630. It's also uglier.

But my 620 did not last long and I went through 3 charging cables and now it is completely dead, can't get it to charge at all.

Damn.

I sold mine before any of that happened, so I only have good thoughts about.

onemile

Damn.

I sold mine before any of that happened, so I only have good thoughts about.

I would have kept mine if I hadn't had these issues, that were getting worse and worse

DavePNW

I have only owned 2 running watches in my life. A Garmin 210 for about 2 years till it died, then a Garmin 220 for the last ~2.5 years, which I will be happy keeping as long as it continues to function.

Dave

onemile

I have one of these two options for breakfast every single day

plain rolled oats from the canister + sliced banana (or sometimes chopped apple) + cinnamon + walnuts

plain greek yogurt + fruit + grape nuts

LRB

It makes me feel better that someone else has "one thing."  I don't like change.  I embrace the groove.  Currently my groove is a 2 egg omelette with feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and a handful of fresh basil (better than spinach).  But today, I shall eat oatmeal in solidarity with you.

I only have it once a week but my groove is a spinach and feta omelette. It is wonderful. I love basil, too, though. Although I'm not sure I'm ready to ditch the spinach. Maybe I'll go half and half and call it the collabo.

LRB

I would have kept mine if I hadn't had these issues, that were getting worse and worse

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. if I recall correctly, you had a marathon bearing down on you and were essentially forced to make the switch.

onemile

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. if I recall correctly, you had a marathon bearing down on you and were essentially forced to make the switch.

yeah it was a few weeks before CIM and I was worried it would completely crap out

Ya know, there are a number  of people here who can help you with this (and enjoy doing so); no need to conduct via PM unless you really want to.

That's so nice of you!  OFR helped me put together this 5K training plan, so I figure it's polite to ask him first.  If I don't like his answer though, I'll remember the offer 

I figured out my problem though, I didn't find a tab on Daniels's pace calculator that I should have used to figure out the target pace.  I guessed at it, but my guess was too slow when I programmed the workout.  Then when I did it, it felt too slow, so I ended up just running what seemed about right, and came in close to where I should have been.  Sort of, I was about 10 seconds faster than the calculator says.

With that background, you all can weigh in on paces: I'm using Daniels' calculator to figure out the targets.  I know they are "estimates," but since my 1/2 is the metric I'm using to generate the paces, and it was hot and humid, I'm not sure if in better weather I should adjust things down a little.  But then again, "train for racing, don't race your training."  I don't want to be dumb and try to train at a level I don't have the fitness to support.  That usually ends poorly.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Damn, your "one thing" is way better than mine. But I think it would be tough to prepare in the office break room and eat at my desk. I eat at work after my morning run.

I use Quaker "Real Medleys" instant oatmeal cups, which come preloaded with various dried fruit & nuts. And often add almonds. There are some other brands that are a bit better, but also more expensive.

It's actually not that hard to make microwave scrambled eggs. I've done it before. They do have a strong smell, but not as bad as fish or burned popcorn.

I have one of these two options for breakfast every single day

plain rolled oats from the canister + sliced banana (or sometimes chopped apple) + cinnamon + walnuts

plain greek yogurt + fruit + grape nuts

This is my Saturday morning breakfast   Except instead of grape nuts, I put in chia seeds, hemp hearts, and caco nibs for the crunch factor.  I'm on a dried cranberry kick right now for the fruit.  Also I put in honey, because I'm not badass enough to handle plain yogurt without some sweetener, but the amount they put in if you get it flavored is redonkulous.

LRB, seriously, try the basil.  Life. Changing.  With the tomatoes and cheese, it's like a caprese salad wrapped up in eggs.  Nom, nom...

I have a thing for this instant oatmeal from Trader Joe's that has amaranth, chia, flax, and quinoa.  I have no clue WTF amaranth is, but it's yummy oatmeal.  I add the same toppings as I do to yogurt as well, I like crunchy stuff.  When I don't have time to make breakfast before I leave the house, it's a good consolation prize.

I can pretty much host a party out of my office snack drawer.  It sounds like I'm not alone...

oldfartrunner

Today kind of sucks....

I'm not sure how or what happened but I was suddenly awakened at 1 AM to my cat digging his claws into my big toe (he was on top of the covers, I underneath)........... I about kicked him across the room but I didn't. Not sure I had nearly knocked him off the bed while he was sleeping or if my foot bumped him and scared the shit out of him but I was bleeding and had to get a band-aid.

When my alarm went off at 2:50, I said fuck it. My shoulders and upper back was sore and my legs and butt are still sore too so I decided that today might just be a complete rest day..........

I would of!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Been in court most of the morning. I have 6 with 6 X 100m and weights tonight.

Damaris

oldfartrunner

That's so nice of you!  OFR helped me put together this 5K training plan, so I figure it's polite to ask him first.  If I don't like his answer though, I'll remember the offer 

I figured out my problem though, I didn't find a tab on Daniels's pace calculator that I should have used to figure out the target pace.  I guessed at it, but my guess was too slow when I programmed the workout.  Then when I did it, it felt too slow, so I ended up just running what seemed about right, and came in close to where I should have been.  Sort of, I was about 10 seconds faster than the calculator says.

With that background, you all can weigh in on paces: I'm using Daniels' calculator to figure out the targets.  I know they are "estimates," but since my 1/2 is the metric I'm using to generate the paces, and it was hot and humid, I'm not sure if in better weather I should adjust things down a little.  But then again, "train for racing, don't race your training."  I don't want to be dumb and try to train at a level I don't have the fitness to support.  That usually ends poorly.

Yeah, I answered you.   A current 5K time or TT of 3 miles is the best way to find your paces. If you base them off a Half or marathon, a lot of times they will be soft because it takes more endurance for the longer stuff. And you can always run them a little faster or slower from JDs suggestions too. Typically as you get in better shape in a cycle your times will improve slightly-if you keep the rest interval constant. Lowering the rest is good for a runner who is plateaued because the paces will already be about maxed out. The rest interval can really change a workout depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Smile

bluerun

Super B****

yeah it was a few weeks before CIM and I was worried it would completely crap out

I wore two watches for my first marathon because I heard that some people were having issues with the 620 spontaneously restarting... which is WHAT HAPPENS TO ME NOW.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog