Beginners and Beyond

HumpDay WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

A couple of years ago I passed some guy on the course of the NYC Half who told me I was an idiot for wearing sunglasses when it was so cloudy.  Maybe, but I'm an idiot who's passing you, so...

There's a loud mouth jerk wad on every block in this city.  It's a shame some of them run too.  Justice for passing him!  I had to bail on the NYC Half the past 2 years.  I'm getting a perma-wedgie sitting on the fence for 2018.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

DavePNW

This is my Saturday morning breakfast   Except instead of grape nuts, I put in chia seeds, hemp hearts, and caco nibs for the crunch factor.  I'm on a dried cranberry kick right now for the fruit.  Also I put in honey, because I'm not badass enough to handle plain yogurt without some sweetener, but the amount they put in if you get it flavored is redonkulous.

Mine: whole wheat toast with almond butter & bananas.

Yogurt is for second breakfast, with fruit, almonds, & sometimes granola. Also on weekdays for second lunch. I actually start with the sweetened yogurt, even though I known it has 9 million grams of sugar, since I don't actually like the taste of yogurt otherwise. Same deal with oatmeal for that matter.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Garmin Customer Support has given me a whole list of files to delete from my device... "To avoid losing data, sync your device with Garmin Express before starting this process. Use CAUTION when deleting. Do NOT delete unknown files; deleting wrong files from your mass storage device can cause adverse performance affects."

Er.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

I ALWAYS wear sunglasses unless it's actually raining (or completely on trails), because then drops bead up on the lenses and I can't see.  A couple of years ago I passed some guy on the course of the NYC Half who told me I was an idiot for wearing sunglasses when it was so cloudy.  Maybe, but I'm an idiot who's passing you, so...

Who says shit like that? How rude.

RunningOnSand

I liked the 620 better than the 630 although the charging clip on the 630 is a lot better.

I think it's the dimness of the screen and the vibrations are muted too that make me dislike the 630. It's also uglier.

But my 620 did not last long and I went through 3 charging cables and now it is completely dead, can't get it to charge at all.

Did you try to clean off the sensors? I had a 620 and my husband would always take a special cloth and alcohol (I think?) to clean it off. He did some googling and saw it was a common problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Who says shit like that? How rude.

People who are busy wasting their energy to say shit like that, and then get mad that they got passed.  Which might not happen if they instead devoted that energy to running.  I thought it was kind of funny.  In a sad way.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

People who are busy wasting their energy to say shit like that, and then get mad that they got passed.  Which might not happen if they instead devoted that energy to running.  I thought it was kind of funny.  In a sad way.

You've got a better attitude than me. I'd have been miffed. Big grin

4.5 easy miles today; legs are a bit sore and tired from last night's interval workout (and then I took a horrible/wonderful beating massage last night). Yesterday was 20 min up, 8x400s w/2min R, 10min down. I'm so not a speed person. So I should embrace these workouts, right? RIGHT??! Wink I was happy that it went better than last week's tempo. Not really much else going on here. I am running with the Garmin 235, which I do like a lot - as long as you're not HR training.

Mine: whole wheat toast with almond butter & bananas.

Yogurt is for second breakfast, with fruit, almonds, & sometimes granola. Also on weekdays for second lunch. I actually start with the sweetened yogurt, even though I known it has 9 million grams of sugar, since I don't actually like the taste of yogurt otherwise. Same deal with oatmeal for that matter.

You are my kind of people.  I love second breakfast so. much.  I never considered that second lunch could be a thing.  Now it's going to be a thing.

delicate flower

Jury duty update:  I've been selected to serve on a jury. I rule!

<3

onemile

Did you try to clean off the sensors? I had a 620 and my husband would always take a special cloth and alcohol (I think?) to clean it off. He did some googling and saw it was a common problem.

Many times.  and I usually could get it charging but half the time it would seem to be charging and then go backwards (towards 0%), or I would have it plugged in overnight to find it dead it the morning and if it wasn't sitting just right on the charger it wouldn't work and I would have to mess with it almost every time I wanted to charge.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jury duty update:  I've been selected to serve on a jury. I rule!

Hoping it does not take a week, like the one I served in.  Who the fuck selects a federal prosecutor as a juror?  Idiot.

Damaris

oldfartrunner

Hoping it does not take a week, like the one I served in.  Who the fuck selects a federal prosecutor as a juror?  Idiot.

Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!

oldfartrunner

You've got a better attitude than me. I'd have been miffed. Big grin

4.5 easy miles today; legs are a bit sore and tired from last night's interval workout (and then I took a horrible/wonderful beating massage last night). Yesterday was 20 min up, 8x400s w/2min R, 10min down. I'm so not a speed person. So I should embrace these workouts, right? RIGHT??! Wink I was happy that it went better than last week's tempo. Not really much else going on here. I am running with the Garmin 235, which I do like a lot - as long as you're not HR training.

Great job ROS!     Embrace The Pain!!! You notice "Race" is in embrace?  Intervals hurt but make you faster.

My boss got picked on Friday, he hit the jackpot and was put on a 3 week trial (although that's court days, so he's off on Friday, and today they randomly got off as well).  But we had pretty much the same question, who picks a litigator as a juror?  I guess because we're civil and he's on a criminal jury?

I'm super jealous, I want to know what jurors talk about back in that room.  I'm convinced it's the secret to unlocking all my trial questions.  Probably not, but I think it would be fascinating to see the whole dog and pony show from "the other side."

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!

OFR - I'm not sure you want to be confessing to a federal prosecutor.  

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours