Beginners and Beyond

HumpDay WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

oldfartrunner

Oh yeah. I got 8. Taper time Baby!

The wife and I are signing up for the Half today.

DavePNW

You are my kind of people.  I love second breakfast so. much.  I never considered that second lunch could be a thing.  Now it's going to be a thing.

Full disclosure, second lunch comes immediately after first lunch. I eat my main lunch, get sad because I'm still hungry, then happy again when I remember I also have yogurt. My brain goes through this every day.

Dave

oldfartrunner

OFR - I'm not sure you want to be confessing to a federal prosecutor.  

No. Not ME!   I'm like a choir boy.  A prosecutor has to be more likely to convict by the nature of their job.  And a defence just the opposite.

DavePNW

I passed 2300 miles for the year today, which is only significant in that it's the 4th year in a row I've done that.

Dave

delicate flower

Hoping it does not take a week, like the one I served in.  Who the fuck selects a federal prosecutor as a juror?  Idiot.

They said at least one day, probably two, possibly three.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ALWAYS wear sunglasses unless it's actually raining (or completely on trails), because then drops bead up on the lenses and I can't see.  A couple of years ago I passed some guy on the course of the NYC Half who told me I was an idiot for wearing sunglasses when it was so cloudy.  Maybe, but I'm an idiot who's passing you, so...

That guy sounds like a douche....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would of!

Lol. He's nearly 15 years old now, I've had him since he was just 7 weeks old. He's an old asshole, but I love him.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I didn't start running in sunglasses until a year ago or there abouts. It's actually pretty cool.

Depending on the duration of the run and the conditions, sweat beads up on the inside of the lens, but it is easily wiped clear on my top. When it's cold out, that's a non issue.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!

It was a civil case, so I couldn't say FRY THEM... 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My boss got picked on Friday, he hit the jackpot and was put on a 3 week trial (although that's court days, so he's off on Friday, and today they randomly got off as well).  But we had pretty much the same question, who picks a litigator as a juror?  I guess because we're civil and he's on a criminal jury?

I'm super jealous, I want to know what jurors talk about back in that room.  I'm convinced it's the secret to unlocking all my trial questions.  Probably not, but I think it would be fascinating to see the whole dog and pony show from "the other side."

That didn't work for me.  I did like the experience, except it was an ambulance chasing case where a fender bender all of a sudden claimed to be OMG, I can't work anymore, my neck hurts at a 10 out of 10 even though I've been sitting here testifying for 8 hours, case.

It also should have taken 1 hour to rule in favor of the defendant, yet two people in the jury took 6 hours to side with the rest.  In FL, we have to be unanimous.  There goes my Friday!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They said at least one day, probably two, possibly three.

Famous last words...

Ran 6 outside in 73F (OMG it's Winter), and windy as fuck.  I have no sense control outside, so they were fast.

Lesson of the day:  If you say something is flat, I am picturing this.  Anything else but Miami flat is not flat, OK?

Damaris

That didn't work for me.  I did like the experience, except it was an ambulance chasing case where a fender bender all of a sudden claimed to be OMG, I can't work anymore, my neck hurts at a 10 out of 10 even though I've been sitting here testifying for 8 hours, case.

It also should have taken 1 hour to rule in favor of the defendant, yet two people in the jury took 6 hours to side with the rest.  In FL, we have to be unanimous.  There goes my Friday!

I think I love you.  You are the type of person I hope, pray, sacrifice a live chicken, whatever it takes to have on my jury.

Everyone in CA is a damn hippy who thinks that all plaintiffs should be given all the moneys even if (especially when?) they are full of shit.  OK, not everyone, but I hate LA jury pools with a passion.  It's like they've decided this is the way to accomplish wealth re-distribution.  (You may be able to tell I'm defense...)

If I'm ever in FL, I'm buying you a beer.  Or 4.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.7 miles.

Breakfast 1 during the week is always coffee & a smoothie with fruit, almond milk & protein powder. Breakfast 2 is a half serving of oatmeal with dates, raisins, nuts and almond milk.

I am so glad I don't live in Baltimore City. People there tend to get called for jury duty yearly.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think I love you.  You are the type of person I hope, pray, sacrifice a live chicken, whatever it takes to have on my jury.

Everyone in CA is a damn hippy who thinks that all plaintiffs should be given all the moneys even if (especially when?) they are full of shit.  OK, not everyone, but I hate LA jury pools with a passion.  It's like they've decided this is the way to accomplish wealth re-distribution.  (You may be able to tell I'm defense...)

If I'm ever in FL, I'm buying you a beer.  Or 4.

4 sounds good. What good is ONE beer, doh?

I work for the agency that monitor bankruptcies.  I do have lots of empathy (only go after a debtor who I really believe is a lying sack of shit), but after a while you start noticing a pattern of the special snowflakes that think the rules do not apply to them.

But I am surprised that juries are that lenient.  I do hope they give the same benefit of the doubt in criminal cases.

Damaris

onemile

I ran 9 with 6x1k, 2 min rests

and now my taper gets serious!