Beginners and Beyond

HumpDay WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

DavePNW

I ran 9 with 6x1k, 2 min rests

and now my taper gets serious!

What do you have for your "long run" this weekend? Are you going to do it on Saturday, since the race is on Saturday?

I had 10-12 w/4-6 GMP (of course I did 12/6). It was actually a great run, IIRC. Maybe helped that I was running around Vancouver.

Also, it's interesting that my workouts still get automatically sent to Final Surge, even though I have no training plan there anymore. Not sure if that just continues indefinitely now, since it is hooked up. Of course I only got on there to follow this McMillan plan, but is it actually a free log that anyone can use?

Dave

onemile

What do you have for your "long run" this weekend? Are you going to do it on Saturday, since the race is on Saturday?

I had 10-12 w/4-6 GMP (of course I did 12/6). It was actually a great run, IIRC. Maybe helped that I was running around Vancouver.

Also, it's interesting that my workouts still get automatically sent to Final Surge, even though I have no training plan there anymore. Not sure if that just continues indefinitely now, since it is hooked up. Of course I only got on there to follow this McMillan plan, but is it actually a free log that anyone can use?

12 with 2x4MP and yes she put it on Saturday

I'm pretty sure FS is a free log anyone can use but the RA log is a lot better so once I'm done with Addie I can't see continuing to use it. I bet it'll just keep syncing until you turn it off

LRB

At some point you enabled an automatic sync from your Garmin account to Final Surge, as you did here. You would have to disable it or the runs would get uploaded there so long as your Garmin account receives them. I think.

LRB

I ran 9 with 6x1k, 2 min rests

and now my taper gets serious!

What's the forecast looking like? You owe that course a beat down after coming up a lil short on the left coast last year.

DavePNW

What's the forecast looking like? You owe that course a beat down after coming up a lil short on the left coast last year.

The big question is whether you'll make a surprise appearance this time.

Dave

DavePNW

At some point you enabled an automatic sync from your Garmin account to Final Surge, as you did here. You would have to disable it or the runs would get uploaded there so long as your Garmin account receives them. I think.

I just didn't know whether this thing was part of my McMillan plan purchase, or is public use for anyone.

Dave

onemile

it's looking really good and I'm praying it sticks!

onemile

If he is I know nothing about it this time!

DavePNW

it's looking really good and I'm praying it sticks!

I'm getting all tingly already.

Dave

onemile

I'm getting all tingly already.

lol I have had enough bad races this year that you shouldn't get your hopes up

oldfartrunner

Lol. He's nearly 15 years old now, I've had him since he was just 7 weeks old. He's an old asshole, but I love him.

I think that's what wives say about husbands too.

LRB

I haven't talked about it, but I was never able to overcome the ankle injury I got in April. I've suffered a setback each time I've dialed up the intensity, so it ended up robbing me of fall training, and for all intents and purposes, took me out for the year. So no, I will not be there to eat with Jenny and Mr Onemile post-race for a third consecutive year.

DavePNW

lol I have had enough bad races this year that you shouldn't get your hopes up

You're totally due.

Dave

LRB

I just didn't know whether this thing was part of my McMillan plan purchase, or is public use for anyone.

I understand. I got the same thing with Hudson Elite.

onemile

I haven't talked about it, but I was never able to overcome the ankle injury I got in April. I've suffered a setback each time I've dialed up the intensity, so it ended up robbing me of fall training, and for all intents and purposes, took me out for the year. So no, I will not be there to eat with Jenny and Mr Onemile post-race for a third consecutive year.