Beginners and Beyond

Let's go DAILIES (Read 42 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Ha, this from the loony dedicated runner who just did 22 POINT FIVE on a treadmill.

(And the alarm was my iPhone, so throwing it might not have been a good idea.)

Yes, but I did that well-rested. I don't do well without my beauty sleep.

Scotty - Actually, with no wind and lots of sun — and the right clothes — -1* is no big deal.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Yugo8

I was so busy yesterday I didn't even post.  Whoops.

7.5 easy/moderate miles today.  Back to work now.  Happy Wednesday to all the dailies.

happylily

Good morning!

Nothing, nada, zip for me today...don't want to do too much too soon (again) haha.

@lily...

Very nice! Next up is week 2 day 1.  Last session was a total of 42.  And believe me, the last 3 were literally done to failure. 

Perfect! So I'll start at week 2, day 1, as well, but I'll do column 3. So is tomorrow your next day? This is not a challenge between the two of us, this is simply to help each other stay motivated. If I fail a session because of laziness, you yell at me, and I'll gladly do the same in return. Deal? 

A technician is here at the moment to change my TM belt and make sure that it is well calibrated. I hope he's gone by 4 pm. That's when I want to start running. I used to run after supper, between 8 pm and 10 pm, but ever since I started finishing work early, I've discovered just how easier it is to run during the day, rather than at the end of the day...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Perfect! So I'll start at week 2, day 1, as well, but I'll do column 3. So is tomorrow your next day? This is not a challenge between the two of us, this is simply to help each other stay motivated. If I fail a session because of laziness, you yell at me, and I'll gladly do the same in return. Deal? 

A technician is here at the moment to change my TM belt and make sure that it is well calibrated. I hope he's gone by 4 pm. That's when I want to start running. I used to run after supper, between 8 pm and 10 pm, but ever since I started finishing work early, I've discovered just how easier it is to run during the day, rather than at the end of the day...

Sounds good to me partner! Actually Friday is my next day.  I do Friday, Sunday, Tuesday.  Kinda funky, but it's what is working so far.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What day are you guys doing?  I want to start with you all (on the right day)!

Just made it back to work and finally had my first cup of coffee.  Days like this are crazy!

Damaris

LRB

I was so busy yesterday I didn't even post.  Whoops.

7.5 easy/moderate miles today.  Back to work now.  Happy Wednesday to all the dailies.

So what did you run yesterday?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So what did you run yesterday?

We don't have to run to post here, otherwise I'm fucked next month.

Damaris

LRB

Every since Jay mentioned it, I have been looking for caramel flavored Starbucks.  I have found the ground version, but want the k cups, fuckin boo.

LRB

We don't have to run to post here, otherwise I'm fucked next month.

Sheeit, I would go MIA for weeks on end if that were a requirement what with my oft-injured ass.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Every since Jay mentioned it, I have been looking for caramel flavored Starbucks.  I have found the ground version, but want the k cups, fuckin boo.

I can check if mine has them and send them to you.

Damaris

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

What day are you guys doing?  I want to start with you all (on the right day)!

Just made it back to work and finally had my first cup of coffee.  Days like this are crazy!

I am on week 2 day 1 and lily is starting from that point, beginning on Friday! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ok, Week 2, Day 1.  I'll do the test before my run and the pushups afterwards.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

i only have 28 days, though.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I love Bicycle Crunches, love, love, LOVE them for working my abs. I am up to doing 200 reps a set, I try to do 5 sets or at least 1,000 bicycle crunches 2-3 times a week while trying to do other ab workouts. Sadly, my mini partner thinks everything is a game so I hardly get the other ones done.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hi dailies:

Rick - sometimes beans are the culprit of wicked ass winds.  Like D, I'm willing to pick some of those Caramel kcups up for you if you can't find them, since Amazon is charging highway robbery.

Kristin - nice job on the tough spin

Lily - glad it wasn't a stomach flu

DaveP - nice job on the 10 without being mentally there

Baboon - good TM run

Zelanie - enjoy the tempo miles

Brrr - shoveling and beer, I know those things! Tongue

Free - feel better

D - do you get that feeble "what elderly person left me their legs?" feeling the first few runs after a marathon?  I hate it.

JR - happy rest day

Ric-G - hope your son's team wins

Step - sunshine, woot

Scotty - "Doggie Howser"... groan

Yugo - happy Wednesday

Yesterday, 5 at HM pace on the track and then some easier stuff on the TM.  Today, 10.44 regeneration out on the (dry!) road.

Question for TM users, what incline do you normally set it to?  In my few uses so far, I've settled on 3.5 to not feel like it's cheating.